FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » bah humbug

Author Topic: bah humbug
RivalOfTheRose
Member # 11535

- posted      Profile for RivalOfTheRose           Edit/Delete Post 
i hate holidays
i hate presents
i hope santa breaks his leg
and his spine in 7 places

Posts: 468 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
I feel the same way about you. [Smile]
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Godric
Member # 4587

- posted      Profile for Godric   Email Godric         Edit/Delete Post 
I used to hate Christmas... I was an only child, so during my school days it pretty much meant 2 weeks without seeing anyone my age. Then, in my early adulthood (well, I'd like to think I'm still in that phase, but I'm referring to the beginning of it) I spent most holidays getting drunk with my single friends wishing we weren't single.

Now, I actually like the holidays - paid time off from my stressful job and time with my wife and daughter!

The actually holiday event itself, it seems I don't have much of an opinion about either way.

Posts: 1295 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RivalOfTheRose
Member # 11535

thanks mr. head

in all honesty, they proabably aren't terrible... they just really stress me out

Posts: 468 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Armoth
Member # 4752

- posted      Profile for Armoth   Email Armoth         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't get Christmas songs out of my head!!!
Posts: 1604 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RivalOfTheRose
Member # 11535

the thing about xmas songs, many of them are really good (as far as raw songwriting is concerned)
paigereader
Member # 2274

- posted      Profile for paigereader   Email paigereader         Edit/Delete Post 
I just hate dragging all the crap out (by myself) and putting it away (by myself)
Posts: 204 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mucus
Member # 9735

- posted      Profile for Mucus           Edit/Delete Post 
Huh. According to Snopes, holidays don't actually have higher suicide rates than normal.
Posts: 7593 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scholarette
Member # 11540

- posted      Profile for scholarette           Edit/Delete Post 
My family is spread out from Canada to Hong Kong to Phoenix and they all want to see us (for some reason them traveling here is unthinkable). So, we either get guilted for not going to visit or we have to go and stay not at our house and live on other people's schedules. I want my tree at my house, waking up on Christmas day with my daughter and husband. And I am so sick of the you spent 2 days with me, but 2 and a half days with your mother. How fair is that? Or the I don't want to be around my ex husband and his gf (him and gf have lived together for many years, so not a casual relationship)- why don't you have 2 birthday parties for your daughter, one at my house and the one at the park you planned so I can celebrate without the awkwardness of being around them?
Posts: 2223 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
My mother is a crafty woman. She's "letting" me and Mrs. BB + dead beat brother X2 put up all the Christmas decorations up at her house before she comes midway through December.

Mrs. BB jumped at the opportunity.

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fractal Fraggle
Member # 9803

- posted      Profile for Fractal Fraggle   Email Fractal Fraggle         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by scholarette:
My family is spread out from Canada to Hong Kong to Phoenix and they all want to see us (for some reason them traveling here is unthinkable). So, we either get guilted for not going to visit or we have to go and stay not at our house and live on other people's schedules. I want my tree at my house, waking up on Christmas day with my daughter and husband. And I am so sick of the you spent 2 days with me, but 2 and a half days with your mother. How fair is that? Or the I don't want to be around my ex husband and his gf (him and gf have lived together for many years, so not a casual relationship)- why don't you have 2 birthday parties for your daughter, one at my house and the one at the park you planned so I can celebrate without the awkwardness of being around them?

Hey! How'd you get my family? Seriously, we don't live by either side of the family so when it's my family's year for Christmas, we wake at the crack of dawn so that we can go from house to house to house opening presents until long past dinnertime (often with the same people we just saw at the previous house). It's crazy. And when it's my husband's family's year for Christmas, I get nagged for putting his family first.

The good news is this year we're staying put (and putting up our own tree for the first time in six years). We've invited the family, but so far nobody has taken us up on it.

Posts: 36 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by RivalOfTheRose:

in all honesty, they proabably aren't terrible... they just really stress me out

Right back at you. [Wink]
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mama Squirrel
Member # 4155

- posted      Profile for Mama Squirrel   Email Mama Squirrel         Edit/Delete Post 
We have the excuse to not go anywhere this year with our baby due Jan. 8th.
Posts: 399 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

I always have a great excuse to not go anywhere on Christmas.

It's Christmas.

Shanna
Member # 7900

- posted      Profile for Shanna   Email Shanna         Edit/Delete Post 
This is the first year my entire family won't be together for Thanksgiving. My dad is working abroad in Brazil for a few more weeks.

He's really upset about it. And my mom is in the process of having a house built in Houston so right now she's renting a friend's small cabin. She almost all of her stuff in storage including her holiday decorations. She says she can't get into the holiday spirit in a strange house with my dad away.

Its just hard for us right now. My dad is a foreign auditor for his company (one of twelve) and the higher-ups decided to fire ten of them this week. Evil bastards. My dad was one of the lucky two but it means five years of traveling abroad with only a few scattered days a month at home. He's already sick of hotels and airports. I hate the idea of him doing this for five years.

I wanted to unpack some of my nutcrackers tonight since my apartment is too small for a tree but I'm exhausted and just want to sleep.

Posts: 1733 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.