FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » There is so much wrong with this that I don't know where to begin (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: There is so much wrong with this that I don't know where to begin
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
Nobody likes my game? [Frown]
Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
natural_mystic
Member # 11760

- posted      Profile for natural_mystic           Edit/Delete Post 
It looks good. Have you played it?
Posts: 644 | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
Well no, I just punched out the design in an hour yesterday. Initial feedback before playtesting.
Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
natural_mystic
Member # 11760

How do you envision the players interacting? Deal making should be a significant component.
Posts: 644 | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King of Men
Member # 6684

Hmm. How, indeed? The only coupling between players' positions at the moment is that collapse of one stock price may trigger the collapse of others. It's not clear how you can make deals out of that. I did have the idea that players might buy debt insurance from each other, but I couldn't figure out how to implement it.
theCrowsWife
Member # 8302

- posted      Profile for theCrowsWife   Email theCrowsWife         Edit/Delete Post 
I've been mulling over your game today. It's interesting enough that I might make up a test set and try it out.

One thing I thought of was having an event somewhere (perhaps after a certain number of collapses?) where all mortgage tranches are downgraded a level.

I've got a few more ideas percolating, but I think I need to do some test playing to work them out first.

--Mel

Posts: 1269 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
natural_mystic
Member # 11760

Perhaps buying insurance insures for only a pre-determined window. A player might buy it if he is close to getting a bonus. To keep things interesting, if the company selling insurance collapses then the insurance is still lost.
King of Men
Member # 6684

Hmm, how's this? We add in some debt insurance cards, coloured to match the corporations. They can be played on top of mortgage cards; you cannot lay down an insurance card of your own colour. (Buying insurance from yourself!) Each insurance card in your colour that has been laid down increases your stock price by some amount. Now, if the card that is being insured defaults, then instead of removing that card, the corporation doing the insurance must remove an equal value. (Of course this can still trigger a collapse of the insured player's pyramids.)

But what this doesn't do, is to add in any negotiation. Needs a bit more thought.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.