FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Worse Christmas Songs (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Worse Christmas Songs
kmbboots
Member # 8576

- posted      Profile for kmbboots   Email kmbboots         Edit/Delete Post 
I would be happy if the Irish radio station I listen to at work never again played the song about the poor boy whose father was in prison because he shot Mama's boyfriend. The boy knows he is bad because Santa would have come if he was good and all he wants to do is go to heaven (and he will try really hard to be good) and then he dies on Santa's lap.
Posts: 11187 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sean Monahan
Member # 9334

- posted      Profile for Sean Monahan   Email Sean Monahan         Edit/Delete Post 
kmb, I don't know that song, but your description of it makes me think of the movie Ishtar.
Posts: 1080 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omega M.
Member # 7924

- posted      Profile for Omega M.           Edit/Delete Post 
Also, I think Elton John's "Step into Christmas" is a great song, but I wish they'd replace a few playings of it with the B-side of that song:

"Ho! Ho! Ho! (Who'd Be a Turkey at Christmas)"

It gets me in a happy mood on Christmas Eve, at least.

Posts: 781 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
malanthrop
Member # 11992

- posted      Profile for malanthrop           Edit/Delete Post 
Any song from the "Jesus Christ Superstar" Soundtrack.

I'm still up in the air on this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGYvJQQb6v0

Posts: 1495 | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Darth_Mauve
Member # 4709

- posted      Profile for Darth_Mauve   Email Darth_Mauve         Edit/Delete Post 
OK, it just got worse.

Background--I work for an entertainment company. We do Magic and Juggling and other fun stuff. Hey, its a silly job but someone has to do it.

Earlier this year we moved into a place at the oldest enclosed mall in St. Louis. The mall lost two of three anchor stores to the recent recession, and was in the process of losing everyone else. They decided to fight back by opening up spaces to art groups at just over cost.

Its working out ok. As one of the "art groups" we got a discounted space--paying a bit less for double the amount of space it had before.

The only drawback--its in an old mall.

That means terrible internet connection, terrible heat, and being over a 40 year old parking garage, a floor that is not the best in the world.

It also means that the management is in a Retail frame of mind, while neither the stores nor the customers are that retail oriented.

This afternoon, for example, in order to add some holiday spirit to the day, they brought in a high school brass quartet to play holiday music.

Four musicians are playing the same old holiday songs, well repeating the four they know, directly in front of my office.

Brass = Loud.

Well, what they lack in perfect harmony they are certainly making up in volume.

Work done on the phones this afternoon--0

Posts: 1941 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by kmbboots:
I would be happy if the Irish radio station I listen to at work never again played the song about the poor boy whose father was in prison because he shot Mama's boyfriend. The boy knows he is bad because Santa would have come if he was good and all he wants to do is go to heaven (and he will try really hard to be good) and then he dies on Santa's lap.

Wow. I didn't think anything could top the Christmas Shoes.
Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.