FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » White Collar

Author Topic: White Collar
Clive Candy
Member # 11977

- posted      Profile for Clive Candy           Edit/Delete Post 
Has anyone else been watching?

I really like this show. I like the charm and simplicity of it and the FBI character's happy marriage.

That show just went on a month long hiatus. However, the last scene of the final episode was a cliffhanger that's resulting in some serious twitter drama.

Anyone see it? What did you think?

Here's what the creator of the show wrote on twitter:

quote:
Later, however, Eastin's tone took a turn: "Due to the number of complaints, they're considering rethinking the rest of season one," Eastin tweeted Saturday night. "Trying to prevent that." Presumably "they" are USA network executives.
Here is the ever readable Maureen Ryan on the drama the cliffhanger ignited. Spoilers aplenty.
Posts: 532 | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
I was pretty annoyed at the cliffhanger. It was so deliberately cliffhangery and in your face. I disliked it.

They had better have a good explanation.

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
I want to know what Elizabeth's secret is. Because there's something up with her.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Arnold
Member # 11712

- posted      Profile for Raymond Arnold   Email Raymond Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
I liked the first one, didn't care much for the second one and haven't watched it since. Do the people who like the show generally like the second episode and hold it as an example of what is good about the show, or is it generally regarded as a "meh" episode?

I did like OSC's (possibly revealing?) comment in his review, though:
quote:
"And it doesn't hurt that actor Matthew Bomer is so good-looking he turns straight men gay and straight women into quivering masses of whimpered longing."

Posts: 4136 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just_me
Member # 3302

- posted      Profile for just_me           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lisa:
I want to know what Elizabeth's secret is. Because there's something up with her.

Me too
Posts: 409 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clive Candy
Member # 11977

- posted      Profile for Clive Candy           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Raymond Arnold:
[qb] I liked the first one, didn't care much for the second one and haven't watched it since. Do the people who like the show generally like the second episode and hold it as an example of what is good about the show, or is it generally regarded as a "meh" episode?]

I regard it as a meh episode, and I only saw parts of the third episode. However, I found episodes 4 through 7, currently available on Hulu, to be nearly as good as the pilot.
Posts: 532 | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
The popular rumor is that Elizabeth and Kate are somehow related, given the resemblance.

If you ask me, one of two things are happening: Either Peter is really a jerk, and he's the one that's been holding Kate. He originally took her as an insurance policy because he wanted his victory over Neil to be complete.

The other thing is Kate is trying to shake Neil down for money, and Peter is actually trying to protect him.

A lot of stuff doesn't add up though, from the internal investigation of Peter, to him wearing the ring of the guy who took Kate, to Kate's cryptic really hard to decipher messages to get Neil's attention. Something is up.

Seriously though, if it turns out that Peter is really a bad guy, I won't watch it anymore. The relationship they've managed to develop between Neil and Peter in such a short time is pretty amazing. The chemistry is great, and I love all the relationships on the show. I know all good shows change after awhile, but this would murder the show's treasured dynamic.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.