FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Sorcerer's Apprentice trailer

Author Topic: The Sorcerer's Apprentice trailer
manji
Member # 11600

- posted      Profile for manji           Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.apple.com/trailers/disney/thesorcerersapprentice/
Posts: 339 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rollainm
Member # 8318

- posted      Profile for rollainm   Email rollainm         Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome. What a way to turn an interesting story into a crappy blockbuster.
Posts: 1945 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
Wicked cool. Doesn't look like it has anything to do with the walking brooms and pails of water other than the name.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
If you watch closely, there IS a scene with the brooms and water.

And I think it looks pretty neat. I mean, what do you really have to work with, plot wise, from the actual source material? Pretty much the same thing Disney had to work with when making Pirates of the Caribbean, and that worked out just fine.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sterling
Member # 8096

- posted      Profile for Sterling   Email Sterling         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, that should keep some CGI people in Coke and ramen noodles for a few decades.

Seriously, it's awfully pretty. But I'm trying to think of a movie in the last decade that had a "wise-cracking-young-male-sidekick-progressing-towards-hero" that I didn't want to slap vigorously.

Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daventor
Member # 11981

- posted      Profile for daventor           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, Sterling, that's pretty much my feelings. The visuals are WONDERFUL; very imaginative. And unlike a lot of people, I really don't have any problems with Nicholas Cage as an actor. But, yeah, in just those few moments in the trailer the callow youth protagonist already severely annoyed me. Maybe the moments in the trailer just aren't his best work or work better in context. But me wanting to slap the main character in a movie just while watching the trailer is not a good sign.
Posts: 132 | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Ohhh Alfred Molina is in it. I think this movie could actually be kinda fun. I do wish the apprentice didn't also have to be in essence the laugh track in that he has to spell out to the audience how they should be feeling.

"WOW!"
"AWESOME!"
"THAT IS SO WICKED SICK!"

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingCow
Member # 2150

- posted      Profile for FlyingCow   Email FlyingCow         Edit/Delete Post 
Meh. I'll wait for Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell.
Posts: 3960 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
C3PO the Dragon Slayer
Member # 10416

- posted      Profile for C3PO the Dragon Slayer           Edit/Delete Post 
Was anyone else seriously annoyed by the theme music?

The visuals were awesome, but I can't get over that theme they kept repeating.

Posts: 1029 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.