FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » 19 Days!!

Author Topic: 19 Days!!
Traceria
Member # 11820

- posted      Profile for Traceria   Email Traceria         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm getting married in 19 days!!

And, after a couple weeks going MIA around here, I'm stopping in to share that little fact and give you all a funny little story.

My fiancé and I met through eharmony. Yes, we're one of those couples you see on tv, only we refused to do a commercial despite all the pressure (i.e. checking 'no' on the questionnaire inquiring whether we'd want to do advertisements). [Wink]

Anyhow, one of the things that stood out to him in my profile was my current reading choice, which was an OSC book at the time. In the conversations to come, we eventually got to talking quite at length about our shared enjoyment of some of OSC's books.

Skipping many, many months, one of which saw the start of our engagement, I asked him one day to write up our thank you section for the ceremony program. After expressing gratitude to parents, friends, family and so on, he included the following:
quote:
Dr. Neil Clark Warren and Mr. Orson Scott Card: The instruments of God's providence. In case they ever see this and decide to send us a signed book...
Now, before anyone gets the idea that this is a request of sorts for that signed book, I should share that before he wrote this, I had already ordered an autographed copy of Hidden Empire through Hatrack for him for Christmas.

To conclude, Christmas day, he got around to the package with the To/From tag that read, "From: Tracey and someone else." Then there was much laughing and some ooing and ahhing. [Wink]

So I say one more time: 19 days!!

Posts: 691 | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scifibum
Member # 7625

- posted      Profile for scifibum   Email scifibum         Edit/Delete Post 
Wonderful! Congratulations.
Posts: 4287 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay! [Big Grin]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for James Tiberius Kirk           Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats! [Smile]

A question I've always wondered: I read somewhere that it's actually possible to be rejected as "unmatchable" by eHarmony. Is this true?

--j_k

Posts: 3617 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Traceria
Member # 11820

Thanks! [Big Grin]

You know, j_k, I don't know. Obviously, we both were matchable. I wonder...

Posts: 691 | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats Traceria!

That's just enough time to get married, go on a honeymoon, and be back for the last season of Lost!

Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Traceria
Member # 11820

quote:
Originally posted by Strider:
Congrats Traceria!

That's just enough time to get married, go on a honeymoon, and be back for the last season of Lost!

Ha! Don't you know it! And we'll be fitting in a little time with the last season while we're down in Florida, too. His parents left the DVD set down there for us. [Smile]

Edit: He he... got a little sidetracked. Meant to include: Thanks!

dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats!

We also thanked Scott and Kristine Card in our wedding program for "hosting the virtual party at which we met."

Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Traceria
Member # 11820

quote:
Originally posted by dkw:
Congrats!

We also thanked Scott and Kristine Card in our wedding program for "hosting the virtual party at which we met."

Ha! Nice! [Big Grin]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.