FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Video: Girl destroys her boyfriend's PS3 in his presence

Author Topic: Video: Girl destroys her boyfriend's PS3 in his presence
Omega M.
Member # 7924

- posted      Profile for Omega M.           Edit/Delete Post 
Have you seen this?

http://www.break.com/index/angry-hot-chick-destroys-boyfriends-ps3.html

My first thought was that it had to be fake, because who records something like this? But I don't see any obvious signs of acting such as the guy and girl anticipating each other's lines.

Posts: 781 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
It looks like it was for a contest. My guess is that it's fake, just from watching it without sound.
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AchillesHeel
Member # 11736

- posted      Profile for AchillesHeel   Email AchillesHeel         Edit/Delete Post 
Thats great! and this is coming from a gamer (Xbox so I dont really mind the destruction of his console) but if that is real the guy deserved it. No job, ignores that very attractive young lady and has the gall to ask her to get him a drink... God that was funny.
Posts: 2302 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
it seemed pretty legit, but the "get me a drink" line struck me as fake. then again...
Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mucus
Member # 9735

- posted      Profile for Mucus           Edit/Delete Post 
It's a faaake!

(I think)

Posts: 7593 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
swbarnes2
Member # 10225

- posted      Profile for swbarnes2           Edit/Delete Post 
There was a similar fake I saw a year ago...a woman beating the crap out of some nice Star Wars figure; Luke on a speeder, something like that. The figure probably cost a few hundred dollars, she was claiming it was her boyfriend's, and she was doing it to hurt him.

Then there was a message on the screen saying that the figure had been received by the boyfriend damaged, so he was going to have it replaced, but in order to get the replacement, he had to demonstrate that the first one was destroyed. So they filmed the destruction, and made up a story that she was doing it out of revenge.

Posts: 575 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Mucus:
It's a faaake!

(I think)

That reference never ceases to entertain me. [Smile] Such a good episode.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for James Tiberius Kirk           Edit/Delete Post 
Was on Kotaku a while back. Almost sure it's fake.

--j_k

Posts: 3617 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
It's absolutely a fake. I was sure it wasn't just that the girl was a phony after the boyfriend says: "Naaww, mm-mm, why? What's up?" No way that was real- it's bad writing/acting.

Eta: I did see a very real video of a guy who pretended to destroy his little brother's gamecube by replacing it with an already broken one, then dropping it and smashing it in the driveway when he promised to go and have it fixed. It was fairly cruel, and probably not a sign of the best familial relationship.

Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omega M.
Member # 7924

- posted      Profile for Omega M.           Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know; I've read enough forum postings (elsewhere) by women to make me think a guy could be that insensitive.

I suppose we'll never know for sure whether, just off camera, the girl yanked the wire out of one PS3 and smashed another, already dead, PS3.

Posts: 781 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scifibum
Member # 7625

- posted      Profile for scifibum   Email scifibum         Edit/Delete Post 
Some girlfriend somewhere has destroyed her boyfriend's expensive toy in a fit of pique. Probably lots. So just assume this stands in for something real.
Posts: 4287 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Omega M.:
I don't know; I've read enough forum postings (elsewhere) by women to make me think a guy could be that insensitive.

Oh the plot is not unbelievable, but the acting is. It's a fake. 100%.
Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.