FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Human Target (spoilers ahoy)

Author Topic: The Human Target (spoilers ahoy)
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
So, anyone else watch it?

Chance is a total nutjob. Which is kind of fun. He's also wicked competant. A little Macguyver-ish. Chi McBride is basically the same character he always is. He might just as well have walked out of the Pie Hole into this show. The Guerrera character was fun, though.

It's very different from the Chris Chance that I remember in the funny books, but I'm going to keep up with it.

Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
It wasn't so bad, but you do NOT take an old behind bottle of Japanese whiskey and turn it into a molotov cocktail!
Dude could have bought some vodka for 5 dollars and used that!

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

Seems like a better use than drinking it.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
I reckon... as Alcohol is rather nasty unless it's wimpy sweet wine.
But still. That's 900 dollars worth of booze!

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

I did mention that he's a nutjob, no?
TheGrimace
Member # 9178

- posted      Profile for TheGrimace   Email TheGrimace         Edit/Delete Post 
ok, so the show is fun so far, but as an engineer the second episode was driving me nuts...

----- SPOILERS BELOW -----

Bernoulli would be rolling over in his grave.

1) Air on top of the plane is not moving that much faster than air below (at least not for purposes of putting out a fire). And even that difference is almost exclusively above/below the wings, not the fuselage.

2) The reason for a difference of air speed above/below the wings is the shape of the wings themselves. So if you managed to flip a plane over, the "fast air" would now be below the plane (once again out of reach of the fire).

3) Along with #2 above, when you flip the plane, you're going to lose all lift (the force keeping you flying) and in fact are going to be pushing the plane down, thus very quickly plummeting to your death, not cruising comfortably upside down for a half hour.

4) There is very little chance that the wings of the plane wouldn't have just snapped off doing that maneuver. Those wings are huge and full of fuel, designed just to have their weight applied downward, or in a very limited range of banking angles, not a full 180 degree flip...

sorry, just had to get that out there.

but that being said, I do like the show so far, even if my favorite character is Rorschach, I mean Guererro.

Posts: 1038 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

Wow... I thought I recognized him. Yeah, he's got the "I can kill you with a stare" thing going on here, too.

I don't know much about aeronautics, but even I knew that the upside down thing was a bunch of hooey. But it was so much fun.

Also, I pegged the second person immediately, but that might be because of the actress's role on Dexter this past season. She just "seemed" bad to me because of that.

As far as physics is concerned, did you notice the makeshift parachute brake in the first ep?

But I don't watch these things for the science. I mean, I liked Alias, and I remember the first season where there was a ball of plutonium that (a) didn't poison Sydney and (b) would have set off a nuclear explosion had she accidentally dropped it. Just silly.

Sala
Member # 8980

- posted      Profile for Sala           Edit/Delete Post 
It is a lot of fun, but yeah, the upside down plane trick was pretty silly, though it looked cool on the show. [Smile]
Posts: 315 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.