FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » NCLEX-PN test .....results are IN!!!

Author Topic: NCLEX-PN test .....results are IN!!!
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
....and I can't sleep. [Big Grin]

Have a good night all, and I hope next time I post I will have a nursing licence!

[Big Grin]

[ February 04, 2010, 09:43 AM: Message edited by: Kwea ]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
GOOD LUCK!
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
You can do it! Good luck.
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The White Whale
Member # 6594

- posted      Profile for The White Whale           Edit/Delete Post 
Good Luck!
Posts: 1711 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
So? How did you do?
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

My test shut off at 85 questions, the lowest amount of questions possible. That doesn't mean I passed, but it is a strong indicator that I did well. While the offical word is that the number of questions answered is not an indicator of pass/fail, it would be fairly hard to answer so many wrong in the first 85 questions that you eliminate all possibility of passing.

I may have...there are a lot of drugs I had not heard of, or at least didn't reconize, and some words I could not define.

Still, I feel fairly confident that I passed, and 5 other students in my class had tehir tests shut off at 85 as well, and all of them passed as well. I understood 95% of the questions, and I feel like I answered at least 80% of them (if not more) intelligently. The ones I didn;t know outright I was able to make educated guesses at.

I won't get the unofficial results until after 6pm tommorrow, and the offical results wiht a licence number for 3-4 weeks. I'll post here as soon as I get my results tommorrow though.

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The White Whale
Member # 6594

That's a pain. I thought one of the great benefits of testing on a computers (that sounds like what you did) was that you would get your results immediately.

What are you doing to not think about it for the next 21 hours? [Big Grin]

Posts: 1711 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

He WAS planning on posting here to keep his mind off it.

Now that plan's shot. [Razz] Good job!

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

Thaaaaanks.....
The White Whale
Member # 6594

Woops.

Hey! Look! Kittens!

Kwea
Member # 2199

I Passed!!!! Yeah me!
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
My most sincere congratulations, I can only imagine what that feels like, though hopefully soon I will be able to relate.

But enough about me, you rock today! [Big Grin]

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The White Whale
Member # 6594

Congratulations!
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
[Hail] [Hail] [Hat] [Hat]
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Mazel tov, nurse!
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations, Kwea!
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

[Big Grin]
scholarette
Member # 11540

- posted      Profile for scholarette           Edit/Delete Post 
Hurrah! [Party]
Posts: 2223 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations, man!
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

Thanks guys. This has been a long road for me, and I wasn't sure that it would happen at times.

It's funny....today feels normal in most ways, but in other it feels like my life has restarted. It has felt like I was on pause for the last year and a half, since I left Penney's.

Now to find a job. [Big Grin]

Jim-Me
Member # 6426

- posted      Profile for Jim-Me   Email Jim-Me         Edit/Delete Post 
'grats!
Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats to our newest medical professional! [Party]
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tstorm
Member # 1871

- posted      Profile for Tstorm   Email Tstorm         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, you won't have any problem finding a job in the nursing field, I suspect. [Smile]
Posts: 1813 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scifibum
Member # 7625

- posted      Profile for scifibum   Email scifibum         Edit/Delete Post 
WTG, Kwea!
Posts: 4287 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

Thanks....I am applying the the VA next week, that's for sure. Good pay, good facilities, a population that appreciates the care, and outstanding room for growth.

A new clinic opens in a few months, and it is about 25 miles away from here. Some of the houses I have been looking at are between here and there, and in 6 months or so I plan on sending my wife back to school to finish her degree.

Kwea
Member # 2199

Well, that's out. The VA had posted on it's website that they even accept Graduate Nurses, which are nurses in between graduating and passing their NCLEX, but that is only partially true.

They accept graduate RN nurses, in a limited role at one time period a year.

They expect/demand 1 years experience for LPN applicants.

So much for the VA treating LPN's well.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.