FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Talk about the heir...

Author Topic: Talk about the heir...
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
I just learned why the guy drumming for The Who at their super bowl performance received so much attention. I mean, aside from the fact that he was clearly awesome.

He's Zak Starkey, the son of Ringo Starr and he was trained by Keith Moon. Holy crap. Talk about the heir of last generation's drumming legends! No wonder they focused on him. And man, it shows. I was wondering who this guy was during the show. I kept thinking "is that Keith Moon's son or something they've got to play with them?" This is almost better though. Learn something new every day.

Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
On the other hand, he's a drummer.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DDDaysh
Member # 9499

- posted      Profile for DDDaysh   Email DDDaysh         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry Alcon, but it was all my family could do not to switch the channel during the half time show. It was painful to watch!
Posts: 1321 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
Are you kidding me? I was sitting there flabbergasted by how much The Who still have it!

I mean, sure there were moments that were slightly cringe worthy - but for 60 years and counting they're going incredibly strong.

Now... when Ringo tried to sing on the Daily Show the other day, that was a whole 'nother matter entirely.

Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itsame
Member # 9712

- posted      Profile for Itsame           Edit/Delete Post 
Zak is also a really nice guy. And an incredible drummer. Pete has said that the only guy they've played with who has even come close to Keith Moon is Zak.

[ February 14, 2010, 07:42 PM: Message edited by: JonHecht ]

Posts: 2705 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.