FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Crazies are coming out

Author Topic: The Crazies are coming out
malanthrop
Member # 11992

- posted      Profile for malanthrop           Edit/Delete Post 
The crazies are usually the canary in the coal mine. Today's kamikazi attack on the IRS is one of those examples. While he was a nutjob, 44 states have passed resolutions telling the fed not to trample on state's rights and the white house press office is still using the term, "Tea Bagger". It took a Clinton and Reno to get a McVeigh. Obama has his McVeigh. Strangely, they are saying this incident wasn't an act of domestic terrorism, while McVeigh was. If he had used a gun instead of a plane, it would be called domestic terror and the gun control bills would be flying of the desk.
Posts: 1495 | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
The progression of your post is completely nonsensical. Is the middle part "While he was a nutjob [these instances show he has a point in some regard]"???
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sean Monahan
Member # 9334

- posted      Profile for Sean Monahan   Email Sean Monahan         Edit/Delete Post 
The Crazies are coming out 2/26.
Posts: 1080 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
*dips a toe into the water* Yup, still a hack.
Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_Frank
Member # 8488

- posted      Profile for Dan_Frank   Email Dan_Frank         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll probably have to see that, Sean. Doesn't look very good, but I'm a sucker for zombie movies.
Posts: 3580 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
This happened less than a mile from where I work. In fact, I was in a bus going past the building less than five minutes before it happened. Kind of freaky.

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
Hobbes, I know you always put the smilie in your sig - but in that last post it gives me the impression that you're smiling about that fact. Which in and of itself is rather freaky o.O
Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steven
Member # 8099

- posted      Profile for steven   Email steven         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by malanthrop:
The crazies are usually the canary in the coal mine. Today's kamikazi attack on the IRS is one of those examples. While he was a nutjob, 44 states have passed resolutions telling the fed not to trample on state's rights and the white house press office is still using the term, "Tea Bagger". It took a Clinton and Reno to get a McVeigh. Obama has his McVeigh. Strangely, they are saying this incident wasn't an act of domestic terrorism, while McVeigh was. If he had used a gun instead of a plane, it would be called domestic terror and the gun control bills would be flying of the desk.

McVeigh wasn't crazy. Anything but. Angry, disaffected, but very, very sane.

This guy who flew the plane into the building...crazy as crap.

You've got to be kidding if you blame Clinton for McVeigh. Reno, sure...although I even have my reservations about that. Clinton didn't run the FBI, and he wasn't micromanaging every single operation, i.e., Ruby Ridge and Waco. McVeigh knew that.

Posts: 3354 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Having recently been wrangling with the dishonest, incompetent fools at the IRS, I understand the frustration. I have not, however, been tempted to kill myself or anyone else over the issue.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ricree101
Member # 7749

- posted      Profile for ricree101   Email ricree101         Edit/Delete Post 
From reading the message he left behind, it seems that the bailouts had a fair amount to do with it in his mind as well.

It was quite rambly and incoherent at times, but the general gist seemed to be that he was angry that his mistakes ended with him getting screwed over while the government stepped in to save rich wall street executives when they made mistakes.

Posts: 2437 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geraine
Member # 9913

- posted      Profile for Geraine   Email Geraine         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by katharina:
Having recently been wrangling with the dishonest, incompetent fools at the IRS, I understand the frustration. I have not, however, been tempted to kill myself or anyone else over the issue.

I haven't had much issue with them, and I work with them on a regular basis. Granted, it is usually with matters related to my clients and not individuals.

The trick is this. If you get a notice, call them directly, work with someone, and if there is anything you need to send, make sure you can send it directly to that person to have it taken care of. Otherwise it will sit on a desk or in a mail room for 6 months before someone even looks at it.

And yeah. McVeigh knew exactly what he was doing. He was genius in some ways. This guy was just a loon.

Posts: 1937 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steven
Member # 8099

- posted      Profile for steven   Email steven         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Geraine:
[QUOTE]

And yeah. McVeigh knew exactly what he was doing. He was genius in some ways. This guy was just a loon.

The thing is, the FBI really was out of line at Ruby Ridge and Waco. I don't like how McVeigh taught the FBI a lesson...but they were way out of line, and they needed reigning in.

It's just unfortunate that people have to die for the government to wake up.

Posts: 3354 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Geraine - I know what should happen. I have been given fake numbers, hung up on, promised phone calls, and lied to so many times I have almost lost count. At this point, they can see what the problem is, and they promise they will do something within three days, and then nothing happens. It has been nine months so far. No direct numbers given out. No one held accountable. No one returning phone calls. Never talk to same person twice. It is a disaster of epic proportions, and they are collectively dishonest incompetents. Truly amazing.

No murder in my heart, but I would be up for a little car-keying of the person responsible - "Miss Williams". Yeah - no first name or employee number. For all I know, that was a lie as well.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.