FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I'm so Excited, you have no idea!

Author Topic: I'm so Excited, you have no idea!
Emreecheek
Member # 12082

- posted      Profile for Emreecheek           Edit/Delete Post 
One of my favorite Fantasy trilogies ever... And there's a sequal!

Hooray!

Oath of Fealty - Elizabeth Moon

Posts: 196 | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emreecheek
Member # 12082

Oh... I just realized that it looks bad that I have so few posts, and I just linked to a book in Amazon.

You have my sincerest assurances that just went fanboi on you. I did not mean to spam.

:~)

Posts: 196 | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
How do trilogies have sequels anyway? Is there a sequel trilogy, sorta like Star Wars?

For all we know they are your favorite books because their combined weight when measured is exactly 2.8775 lbs.

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
The Hitchhiker's trilogy had 5 books in it!

And the Foundation Trilogy ended up having sequels(and prequels).

The other one that comes to mind is the Book of Swords trilogy. That was actually followed up by an eight book series!

So there!

Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emreecheek
Member # 12082

Let's not forget, either, that a couple of OSC's trilogies had 4 books in them.
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
Robin Hobb has the Tawny Man Trilogy, a sequel to the Farseer Trilogy
Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anonymous
Member # 486

- posted      Profile for anonymous           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm very excited about that too!
Posts: 54 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Strider:
The Hitchhiker's trilogy had 5 books in it!

Up to 6 now. Eoin Colfer (of the Artemis Fowl series) was asked to pen the newest one.
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tristan
Member # 1670

- posted      Profile for Tristan   Email Tristan         Edit/Delete Post 
I bought it a couple of days ago. Haven't had time to read it yet, though. Maybe this weekend!
Posts: 896 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
It's a resounding "meh," I'm afraid.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.