FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » videophile question about regions

Author Topic: videophile question about regions
lem
Member # 6914

- posted      Profile for lem           Edit/Delete Post 
I have a friend who went to China for a choir concert. They gave him a DVD of the concert (unprotected as these are for personal use) in the Norwegian region. He wants to copy the DVD into the American region so that he can give out copies to to his choir members that will play on their home DVD players.

Is there a way to change the regions on a DVD when you copy them?

Posts: 2445 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The White Whale
Member # 6594

- posted      Profile for The White Whale           Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't used this but have heard it praised (AnyDVD). I guess you would have to do the copying on a computer, rather than a stand-alone burner.

quote:
AnyDVD works in the background to automatically remove the copy protection of a DVD movie as soon as it's inserted into the drive, allowing you then to backup the movie using a DVD backup tool such as CloneDVD and CloneDVD mobile. You can also remove the RPC region code, thereby making the movie region free and viewable on any DVD player and with any DVD player software.

Posts: 1711 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.