FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Just discovered a nice organizational program for Macs

Author Topic: Just discovered a nice organizational program for Macs
Lalo
Member # 3772

- posted      Profile for Lalo   Email Lalo         Edit/Delete Post 
I made the switch almost a year ago, and wow. I'm never going back.

I discovered this little open-source organizer tool earlier today, and I'm way more excited over it than I should be. Basically, instead of having a .txt to-do list embedded in my dock, this lets you put down snippets of whatever you want, as much as you want, in perfectly indexed harmony. It's like Yojimbo (apparently), but handles text only.

http://notational.net/

What other cool Mac programs am I missing out on?

Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
You can try MacHeist to get Mac programs for very little (nanoBundles) or free (the Heists).

quote:
These are like elaborate Internet-based puzzles that you'll be asked to solve. You'll typically start with a mission briefing which gives you a problem to solve, and clues on how to get started. Chances are, those clues will leave you with more questions than answers. Eventually, if you're smart (and resourceful) you'll solve the Heist and get your reward: even more free software! At least, this is how it's gone down in the past. We call this Loot, and in the past, we've seen some pretty awesome games, utilities, and other apps show up in our Loot pile
I haven't tried a Heist yet - I only use a Mac at work and our Macs run on O/S 9. We're supposed to get new Macs this year (as I keep hearing every year).

Also MakeUseOf has Mac articles. They have a daily newsletter. They search for free or nearly free software and websites.

So, I don't have a specific suggestion for you, but just a couple of suggestions for where you can find something.

Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lalo
Member # 3772

- posted      Profile for Lalo   Email Lalo         Edit/Delete Post 
In the spirit of MacHeists, you might want to check out MacUpdate's promo right now. It's a steal to get Parallels for $50, never mind the rest of it.

http://www.mupromo.com

Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.