FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » A great way to make money I suppose.

Author Topic: A great way to make money I suppose.
michaele8
Member # 6608

- posted      Profile for michaele8   Email michaele8         Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36057566/ns/health-womens_health

Some women join the military, or become strippers, to pay for college tuition in the USA. I suppose here is a way to make money in a far more positive fashion and help people have families that would not normally be able to do so.

Posts: 232 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Reported
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

- posted      Profile for MightyCow           Edit/Delete Post 
Egg donors have been paid for years. What's the big deal?
Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
michaele8
Member # 6608

The problem is when some "ethicists" try to interfere with the process. In several European nations laws have been passed that took away anonymity of donors as well as the money paid for making such contributions. The result? A severe shortage of donors. I feel that the market should decide on this one -- if people are willing to pay more for high quality donors then so be it. It's all part of reproductive choice, isn't it?
Posts: 232 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok then, let's also let the market decide on selling your fertilized embryos for cash to stem cell production farms.
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scholarette
Member # 11540

- posted      Profile for scholarette           Edit/Delete Post 
So, as a blond haired, blue eyed Caucasian woman, who won National Merit Scholarship with one healthy kid (so proven fertility), how much could I get? I am thinking after new baby is born, I'm done with the baby thing, so risking my fertility is no big deal. 50k sounds like a nice payout. I would never do surrogacy (pregnancy sucks) but egg donation doesn't seem so bad.
Posts: 2223 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
michaele8
Member # 6608

quote:
Originally posted by scholarette:
So, as a blond haired, blue eyed Caucasian woman, who won National Merit Scholarship with one healthy kid (so proven fertility), how much could I get? I am thinking after new baby is born, I'm done with the baby thing, so risking my fertility is no big deal. 50k sounds like a nice payout. I would never do surrogacy (pregnancy sucks) but egg donation doesn't seem so bad.

I suppose you can just google fertility clinics that deal with egg donations. Or maybe check the school newspapers that were listed in the article.

By the way, isn't the chance pretty small for women who donate to have fertility problems due to this?

rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
That depends what doses of egg-stimulating drugs are used, the particular reaction of the woman in question, and a number of other things.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.