FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Darth Mauve--Supra Genius

Author Topic: Darth Mauve--Supra Genius
Darth_Mauve
Member # 4709

- posted      Profile for Darth_Mauve   Email Darth_Mauve         Edit/Delete Post 
For work Thursday I got to take a series of intelligence and aptitude tests.

My boss is the son of the owner of one of the countries leading corporate testing and training agencies.

I spent 5 hours in a little bitty room filling in little circles with a pencil or doing the computer equivalent.

There were a total of 8 different tests, from standard aptitude to sales and marketing.

My writing fingers cramped.

Yesterday evening the boss came by and mentioned the results.

It seems his Dad wants to know if he could explain them to me. Rarely do they see results like this.

Like what?

Upper 90 percentile in most intelligence areas.

And it was an off day.

So yeah, I'll claim the title Supra Genius.

Just like a Reed Richards... a Bruce Banner... a Tony Stark... A Wile E. Coyote... Dr. Horrible... Lex Luther... a secondary character on Big Bang Theory.

Now, it is only logical that all my posts be regarded as perfect, and anyone disagreeing with me should immediately realize that I am right because of my vast and superior brain power.

You may bow down before me. I won't mind.

Posts: 1941 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hedwig
Member # 2315

- posted      Profile for Hedwig           Edit/Delete Post 
So I guess what you're trying to say is that intelligence testing doesn't work.
Posts: 127 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
Hedwig beat me to it, what's the name of this company? That way I know to never trust any test results from them. Clearly their tests are insurmountably flawed [Wink]
Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
All those guys you listed? They're fictional.

I thought you might want to know.

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geraine
Member # 9913

- posted      Profile for Geraine   Email Geraine         Edit/Delete Post 
When I read "Supra Genius" as your thread title I immediately thought you had purchased a Toyota Supra and done something amazing with it.

Unless......You work for Toyota?

Posts: 1937 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sean Monahan
Member # 9334

- posted      Profile for Sean Monahan   Email Sean Monahan         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Darth_Mauve:
Now, it is only logical that all my posts be regarded as perfect...

Shouldn't it be logical to regard, not all, but 90% of your posts to be perfect?

quote:
...and anyone disagreeing with me should immediately realize that I am right because of my vast and superior brain power.

I'm going to file this in the '10% faulty' column. [Smile]
Posts: 1080 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itsame
Member # 9712

- posted      Profile for Itsame           Edit/Delete Post 
"Rarely do they see results like this."

10% of the time?

Posts: 2705 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xann.
Member # 11482

- posted      Profile for Xann.   Email Xann.         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by JonHecht:

10% of the time?

Well if he took eight different tests and was in the 90 percentile in each it is a bit more uncommon than that.
Posts: 549 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Darth_Mauve
Member # 4709

- posted      Profile for Darth_Mauve   Email Darth_Mauve         Edit/Delete Post 
Upper 90's...as in 97 or 98 or more likely 99.9999999. I'll find out more next week.

The company is called Psycho-Something. Top rate. Geniuses like me agree.

Posts: 1941 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Xann.:
quote:
Originally posted by JonHecht:

10% of the time?

Well if he took eight different tests and was in the 90 percentile in each it is a bit more uncommon than that.
Not necessarily. Most intelligence tests show strong correlations with each other.
Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
http://comics.com/prickly_city/2010-04-18/
Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Launchywiggin
Member # 9116

- posted      Profile for Launchywiggin   Email Launchywiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
I used to take a lot of stock in intelligence tests. I don't think it was good for me in the long run, because I could never live up to the super-genius they said I would be.
Posts: 1314 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hedwig
Member # 2315

- posted      Profile for Hedwig           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
So yeah, I'll claim the title Supra Genius.

Just like a Reed Richards... a Bruce Banner... a Tony Stark... A Wile E. Coyote... Dr. Horrible... Lex Luther... a secondary character on Big Bang Theory.

Now, it is only logical that all my posts be regarded as perfect, and anyone disagreeing with me should immediately realize that I am right because of my vast and superior brain power.

You may bow down before me. I won't mind.

I'd like to take this opportunity to offer a rebuttal.

quote:

Tom Bombadil is none other than
The last reincarnation of Dr. Who.

quote:
Techno-Ninja.

quote:
You have to do the only civilized think....

quote:

A small part of me is now rooting for the Tropical Storm to go big, and go bad. Go, Danny Go!

Is that wrong?

quote:
Heck, I don't get TV at home.

Posts: 127 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.