FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Technical Proposal text

Author Topic: Technical Proposal text
Mucus
Member # 9735

- posted      Profile for Mucus           Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmmm, something a little out of my normal comfort area. I've been asked to work jointly on a technical proposal report in order to provide information to another business for a contract.

Someone else will be working on a separate report for the marketing side thankfully, but I still need some guidelines for the technical part.

Anybody have some favourite textbooks on the subject (I don't mind additional information on other forms of technical reports in the text either).

Posts: 7593 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
What are you looking for? Books about proposals in particular, books about technical writing in general, or a template from which to start?

For a guide to writing proposals, try this:
http://facstaff.gpc.edu/~ebrown/infobr3.htm

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

If you are looking for technical communication books, I recommend the Allyn & Bacon Series in Technical Communication:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=allyn+%26+bacon+technical+communications&x=0&y=0

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mucus
Member # 9735

quote:
Originally posted by katharina:
... Books about proposals in particular, books about technical writing in general, or a template from which to start?

Maybe more the first and third, although the second is welcome as well if people have particular favourites which also happen to cover business proposals as well.
Posts: 7593 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

Are the links I posted what you are looking for?
Mucus
Member # 9735

I like the specifics in the first guide, although I'll have to modify it a bit for a corporate environment that still does R&D.

I'll make a trip out tommorow to see about the A&B series and if I can locate it in the nearby bookstores, university or otherwise.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.