FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Big Thanks to Papa Moose

Author Topic: Big Thanks to Papa Moose
kacard
Administrator
Member # 200

- posted      Profile for kacard   Email kacard         Edit/Delete Post 
I've said all this privately to Papa Moose, but I want to also publicly express the Card Family's deep appreciation for Papa Moose. We were so impressed with him and his terrific family long before we asked him to be the Hatrack Moderator. One of my best memories of EnderCon was meeting him and Mama Squirrel.

We are so grateful for his years of service to this community and his kind and gentle handling of so many difficult issues. I know he has stewed long and hard over making tough choices in handling problems that have come up here and has always made excellent decisions. I'm happy to count him as a great friend. And I applaud his decision to spend even more concentration on his family. I hope he comes around often. Best wishes, Kristine Card

Posts: 780 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Amen.

Papa, thank you so much for your years of hard work!

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Absolutely! Papa was great, and I hope to still see him post here.
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Pop, you've been awesome.
Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Black Fox
Member # 1986

- posted      Profile for Black Fox   Email Black Fox         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Papa Moose, you are most certainly an excellent man and father.
Posts: 1753 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Papa.
Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
Papa Moose - thanks.
Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bella Bee
Member # 7027

- posted      Profile for Bella Bee   Email Bella Bee         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, thanks for making this a nice place to lurk and occasionally post in! Much appreciated. [Smile]
Posts: 1528 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
*hums "To Sir With Love" (the old version, not the Glee one though that ones is good too)*

We love you PapaMoose and appreciate all you've done! Hope you still stick around and participate with us!

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scholarette
Member # 11540

- posted      Profile for scholarette           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks papa! Hope we see you posting more in an unofficial capacity now!
Posts: 2223 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scifibum
Member # 7625

- posted      Profile for scifibum   Email scifibum         Edit/Delete Post 
I admire the willingness to take on a hard job, and treat it as such.
Posts: 4287 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
[Hat] Thanks Papa for all you've done for Hatrack.
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Truly excellent work Papa. Don't be a stranger now!
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sterling
Member # 8096

- posted      Profile for Sterling   Email Sterling         Edit/Delete Post 
Hear, hear, here and everywhere. Your graciousness and gentle touch have been much appreciated, Papa Moose.
Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Papa!!
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Papa Moose! [Smile]
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you, Papa!
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Flaming Toad on a Stick
Member # 9302

- posted      Profile for Flaming Toad on a Stick   Email Flaming Toad on a Stick         Edit/Delete Post 
You rock, Papa.
Posts: 1594 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
Great job, Pops.
Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geraine
Member # 9913

- posted      Profile for Geraine   Email Geraine         Edit/Delete Post 
Cheers Papa.
Posts: 1937 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Merci Papa!
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you, all.

As many of you know, I and my family have been going through a season of change. This is another of those changes, but far from the greatest of them for us. Our future is rather uncertain right now, but either we'll land on our feet, or learn to walk on our hands.

I have loved and do love and will love Hatrack. It was essentially my introduction to the internet, so even if weren't wonderful, it would still hold a dear place in my heart.

Stepping down was a hard choice to make, but for me and for my family it's the right choice.

I'm not cutting any ties. I'm probably going to take some time off for a while, but mainly because so many other things are going on. I'll still be accessible through e-mail, even during my away time. And until I get all the landmarky info to JanitorBlade, I'll check in now and then to stay on top of that, too.

I've been honored to be the moderator here for the past five years. And I do believe that I'm leaving the mop in good hands. (Though the name "JanitorBlade" makes me think more squeegee than mop.)

--Pop

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Some of us like bending over for prolonged periods of time trying to make sure one tiny stain is taken care of, at the expense of the rest of the floor. [Wink]
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T:man
Member # 11614

- posted      Profile for T:man   Email T:man         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Papa [Big Grin]

Although I don't post all that much, the small interaction I have had with you has been very enjoyable!

Posts: 1574 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Papa! You will be missed.
Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Pop! I wish you good luck with everything.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Achilles
Member # 7741

- posted      Profile for Achilles           Edit/Delete Post 
Papa Moose is back! Right ON!
Posts: 496 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Drifter
Member # 11958

- posted      Profile for Drifter           Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you. Hatrack has been an enjoyable experience largely because of you. You will be missed
Posts: 26 | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for helping to make Hatrack the wonderful place that it is, Papa!
Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by BlackBlade:
Some of us like bending over for prolonged periods of time trying to make sure one tiny stain is taken care of, at the expense of the rest of the floor. [Wink]

....not gonna TOUCH that one.....

[Wink]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Pop. [Smile]
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

- posted      Profile for Jim-Me   Email Jim-Me         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for your efforts here, Pop. They are very appreciated.
Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cmc
Member # 9549

- posted      Profile for cmc   Email cmc         Edit/Delete Post 
Here's my 'not for nothing'...

I was pretty dumb one day. I started a stupid thread, and Pop called me on it. I'm glad he did. It was a thread I'd started in a moment where I failed to stop and think. His 'reprimand' made me think in larger scales than just hatrack. i realized that the thinking that went in to even starting that thread was failed! thinking. I still feel a little bashful about it - a little embarassed - but am glad that I was called out for it, because I'm sure I grew from the experience.

This probably sounds a little ridiculous to be typing about, but it's what I thought of when I read this thread, after a long day with kids. And then a long night of kids who don't want to stay asleep.

Thanks for all you do, Papa Moose - and here's hoping for a good resolution for whatever you all are going through!

Posts: 1355 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
Well done, and a heartfelt thank-you. [Smile]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Pop! You did the best anyone humanly could with the moderation here. Sorry your giving up the mop, and good luck with your trials and travails elsewhere. Hope to still see you around!
Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you.

[Smile]

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
All the best to you and your family, Papa. [Smile]
Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zalmoxis
Member # 2327

- posted      Profile for Zalmoxis           Edit/Delete Post 
Many thanks and best of luck!
Posts: 3423 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you, Papa Moose.
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.