FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » And...We're back

Author Topic: And...We're back
SenojRetep
Member # 8614

- posted      Profile for SenojRetep   Email SenojRetep         Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone (PB) know what happened to the board for the last three days? Or was I the only one who noticed?
Posts: 2926 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah!
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kacard
Administrator
Member # 200

- posted      Profile for kacard   Email kacard         Edit/Delete Post 
changing and upgrading servers. It will be off again for a little while end of the week.
Posts: 780 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hank
Member # 8916

- posted      Profile for Hank   Email Hank         Edit/Delete Post 
I was going to panic, but the soothing elevator music lulled me back from the edge.
Posts: 368 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
Turns out my dog loves the "Don't Panic" music.
Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Armoth
Member # 4752

- posted      Profile for Armoth   Email Armoth         Edit/Delete Post 
I MISSED THIS BOARD SO MUCH!!!! Wow. If I had to count how many times i checked if the board was back up!!!
Posts: 1604 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
The forum was emulating the enemy's gate.
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Tante Shvester:

Are you back for a while, or just popping in to say hi?
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Godric
Member # 4587

- posted      Profile for Godric   Email Godric         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Hank:
I was going to panic, but the soothing elevator music lulled me back from the edge.

I wasn't panicking, but the elevator music almost pushed me over the edge.

[Razz]

Posts: 1295 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lisa:
quote:
Originally posted by Tante Shvester:

Are you back for a while, or just popping in to say hi?
[Wave]
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Godric:
quote:

[Razz]

Ditto!
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

quote:
Originally posted by rivka:
quote:
Originally posted by Godric:
quote:

[Razz]

Ditto!
Same here.
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pegasus
Member # 10464

- posted      Profile for Pegasus   Email Pegasus         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Armoth:
I MISSED THIS BOARD SO MUCH!!!! Wow. If I had to count how many times i checked if the board was back up!!!

about once an hour for me!
Posts: 369 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Armoth
Member # 4752

- posted      Profile for Armoth   Email Armoth         Edit/Delete Post 
Btw - was that even elevator music? Elevator music is usually classical or something. This was like...Oregon Trail music...
Posts: 1604 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Godric, this is the second time today you've made me laugh. [Smile]
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Godric
Member # 4587

- posted      Profile for Godric   Email Godric         Edit/Delete Post 
Glad I made someone smile today.

And I'm glad the boards back up - I'm not sure I could have made it through work today without the comforting distraction of Hatrack.

Posts: 1295 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

Yeah, I may not post here as much as I once did, but I still love it here. I have met wonderful friends IRL because of this place, and ton of fascinating acquaintances, and learned a lot about a multitude of topics here.

I must have checked the board 50 times, at least. Partially because it is the home page for my browser, but still..... [Smile]

Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by kacard:
changing and upgrading servers. It will be off again for a little while end of the week.

Wait, so why was it down for so long?
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
Who are you people?

Where'd you all come from?

Why am I here?

And where are my pants?

Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pegasus
Member # 10464

- posted      Profile for Pegasus   Email Pegasus         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Nighthawk:

And where are my pants?

Check the "Fun stuff on youtube today" thread...
Posts: 369 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
August
Member # 12307

- posted      Profile for August   Email August         Edit/Delete Post 
That was actually the best elevator music ever...it reminded me of old Pokemon and Harvest Moon soundtracks. Anybody know what it was called? I confess that I continually refreshed the page because it helped me focus on my writing...

Anyway, glad it's back up!

Posts: 47 | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
It's a very famous song from my childhood. [Smile] Are you familiar with the Muppets?
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

quote:
Originally posted by August:
That was actually the best elevator music ever...it reminded me of old Pokemon and Harvest Moon soundtracks. Anybody know what it was called? I confess that I continually refreshed the page because it helped me focus on my writing...

I think I'm going to cry.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:

Ah, I see the music touched you as well!
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

quote:
Originally posted by BlackBlade:
quote:
quote:

Ah, I see the music touched you as well!
No, it's just that the elderly are prone to tears.
kmbboots
Member # 8576

- posted      Profile for kmbboots   Email kmbboots         Edit/Delete Post 
"It's not easy being old.
Spending each day kicking kids off your lawn..."

Posts: 11187 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
When that music first plays on my browser, there is a loud static crackle.

I HATE HATE HATE it.

Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.