FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Dark Tower: Ron Howard brings Trilogy and TV show.

Author Topic: The Dark Tower: Ron Howard brings Trilogy and TV show.
Damien.m
Member # 8462

- posted      Profile for Damien.m   Email Damien.m         Edit/Delete Post 
Ron Howard and Universal plan to bring The Dark Tower to the movies and the small screen with three movies and two TV seasons to bridge the gap. The full story is here

I am definitely interested.

Posts: 243 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm interested, but only if they promise to completely rewrite everything after Wolves of the Calla.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
malanthrop
Member # 11992

- posted      Profile for malanthrop           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm definitely interested....

I must've lost interest or become distracted, waiting for King to finish the series....did he actually finish it? I drifted away from King after Rose Red and Delores Claiborne and growing tired of waiting for the Dark Tower. Of course, The Stand is my all time favorite.....

King Movies never do him justice...."Here's Johnny"...got close.

If he did finish the series, I'll wait for the movie to find out what really happens. It's fortunate for me, usually movies are let downs for book readers.

Posts: 1495 | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

- posted      Profile for MightyCow           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by TomDavidson:
I'm interested, but only if they promise to completely rewrite everything after Wolves of the Calla.

I thought Song of Susanna was pretty lame, but the final book was good.

I think they should just make a movie out of Wizard and Glass and Wolves of the Calla though, because they were the two best. That's all you need, really.

Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The White Whale
Member # 6594

- posted      Profile for The White Whale           Edit/Delete Post 
Wizard and Glass could make a pretty awesome movie.

And I like the idea of movies with supporting TV seasons. I would vote for more of those.

Red/Green/Blue Mars would be cool.

Posts: 1711 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
malanthrop
Member # 11992

- posted      Profile for malanthrop           Edit/Delete Post 
I liked Eye of The Dragon,

Of course, like The Stand, there was Randall Flagg.... if only a line in the book, admitting another name.

King's novels have one nemesis....Eye of The Dragon defines him.

Posts: 1495 | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.