FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Jewish power in the media (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Jewish power in the media
Stephan
Member # 7549

- posted      Profile for Stephan   Email Stephan         Edit/Delete Post 
What about the Christian movements? Ever think support for Israel comes from them? Jews only make up 2% of our country's population.

Aren't there a few Christian denomtinations that believe something about Jesus coming back when all the Jews are back in Israel? These people have much more voting power then Jews do. Especially when 25% of Jews live in just one place, New York.

The idea that such a small minority group has so much control is just insane.

Posts: 3134 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sa'eed
Member # 12368

- posted      Profile for Sa'eed   Email Sa'eed         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes but you can disagree with the Christians like you can disagree with them about anything.
Posts: 668 | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephan
Member # 7549

quote:
Originally posted by Sa'eed:
Nice play for sympathy. Shall I post stories about Jews kicking out Arabs out of their homes in East Jerusalem or stories about Israeli soldiers punching Palestinian youth in the face? Nah, that would be kind of cheap.

No need, thats the point. We see stories like that all the time.
Posts: 3134 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sa'eed
Member # 12368

Not on cable news.
Posts: 668 | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sa'eed
Member # 12368

Or in most newspapers.
Mucus
Member # 9735

- posted      Profile for Mucus           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by sinflower:
... Well, I don't for one second believe that there is a "Jewish conspiracy" to control the media. I do believe that higher proportional representation of a group in the media industry leads to that group's interests getting more airtime ... This is why I support diversity in the news industry in general--to mitigate that effect.

... So how to increase representation of Arabs in the news industry?

Bing.
After all, there's more of a Christian male bias as opposed to a Jewish bias, which doesn't exactly aid coverage of the Middle East as well.

As for the latter, your guess is as good as mine, but the two forces of a decreasing (television/newspaper) news pie and the drumming out of figures such as Helen Thomas or Octavia Nasr doesn't exactly bode well.

Posts: 7593 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Flying Fish
Member # 12032

- posted      Profile for Flying Fish   Email Flying Fish         Edit/Delete Post 
I think I'm going to bow out of this discussion, but not before shaking up my head one last time, and spilling a few lonely, rattling thoughts onto the proverbial table, like rhetorical dice.

1)There is no guarantee of "proportionality" in American discourse. There are more democrats in media than not. Most media is headquartered in New York. You can't get a two hour statistical analysis of global warming studies on tv; you can get a two hour show about Britney and Lindsay on tv. Get over it. The constitution says the government can't stop you from expressing your ideas, it doesn't guarantee you an audience.

One idea which is central to American discourse is the concept of a "marketplace of ideas." If you possess a convincing, truthful argument for your anti-zionism, it will find the audience it deserves.

2)The Arab-Israeli conflict has been studied and debated and periodically revisited numerous times, (some might say way too much considering its relative importance). Maybe people have made up their minds. Maybe a lot of people have decided not to care too much about it.

Before concluding that Baskin-Robbins is out to get you, consider that maybe people don't like your broccoli-flavored ice cream.

3)Are Roger Aisles, Rupert Murdoch, Ted Turner, Bewkes, and Jeff Immelt Jewish? I don't know, I'm just asking.

4)I read the profile of Haim Saban you linked to. I wasn't particularly bothered to learn that a dual-citizenship Jew is passionate about Israel and determined to do all he can to influence American politics to help Israel.

I am a little bothered (but not particularly surprised) to know that once you have 6 billion dollars from your work in cartoons, you have the ability to pick up the phone and get John MCCain, Hillary Clinton, Terry MacCauliffe, etc. on the line in a matter of minutes....

Posts: 270 | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sa'eed
Member # 12368

quote:
Originally posted by Flying Fish:
I think I'm going to bow out of this discussion, but not before shaking up my head one last time, and spilling a few lonely, rattling thoughts onto the proverbial table, like rhetorical dice.

1)There is no guarantee of "proportionality" in American discourse. There are more democrats in media than not. Most media is headquartered in New York. You can't get a two hour statistical analysis of global warming studies on tv; you can get a two hour show about Britney and Lindsay on tv. Get over it. The constitution says the government can't stop you from expressing your ideas, it doesn't guarantee you an audience.

I mostly agree with this except for the "no audience" assertion. A lot of Americans would find Stephen Walt and John Mearsheimer presenting their theory on CNN/MSNBC to be interesting. That these two aren't called on those networks stems from Jewish media influence rather than producers thinking "jee whiz no one would be interested in the ideas of these." That's because their assertion is taboo, and it has become that way because of the political power of Jews and their influence in the media. The point isn't to say "that's just not fair" but rather to create awareness that the news about Israel, and debates about Israel, are both significantly being filtered to the American audience by a people who strongly take a side in the conflict out of ethnic-religious reasons.
Stephan
Member # 7549

What assetion of theirs do you want presented?

That Jews control the media?

Or that Palestineans are being mistreated?

Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Mucus:
As for the latter, your guess is as good as mine, but the two forces of a decreasing (television/newspaper) news pie and the drumming out of figures such as Helen Thomas or Octavia Nasr doesn't exactly bode well.

Thomas is not just anti-Israel; she's anti-semitic. You saw what happened to Michael Richards when he displayed anti-black racism publically. Thomas deserved the same thing.

Ironically, she recognizes that Israel is a Jewish state, because everything she said in the video that got her busted was about Jews.

"These people" need to return to Germany and Poland, she said. Well, "these people" aren't Israelis, which would include Arab Israelis. They're Jews. And among the people she wants to kick out are Jews whose families have lived in Israel for well over a century.

If we have to accept that the Arab invasion in the 7th century grants the descendents of those invaders any sort of rights to be there, then the Jews who returned in the 19th and 20th centuries have the same rights. There's no magic cutoff point between 690 and 1881.

And Nasr vocally supported a terrorist group which encourages mass murder and the indoctrinating of young children to be mass murderers as well. You've seen the videos that I posted. That was from official Hamas TV. That's who Nasr came out in support of.

Had she come out in support of Fred Phelps or some neo-Nazi group, she would have gotten the same treatment. The American public has a sense of decency that simply won't tolerate that sort of thing.

Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mucus
Member # 9735

quote:
Originally posted by Lisa:
Thomas is not just anti-Israel; she's anti-semitic.

As a start, please demonstrate this.
Posts: 7593 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

I did in the remainder of my post. She couldn't have been talking about Israelis, because most Israelis are not only not from Germany or Poland, most of them have never even visited there. Not to mention the not-inconsiderable number of Arab Israelis.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mucus
Member # 9735

I feel like we're missing a step.

Unless you have a longer version, the remarks are:
quote:
1. Nesenoff: Any comments on Israel? We're asking everybody today, any comments on Israel?
2. Thomas: Tell them to get the hell out of Palestine.
3. Nesenoff: Oooh. Any better comments on Israel?
4. Thomas: Remember, these people are occupied and it's their land. It's not German, it's not Poland ...
5. Nesenoff: So where should they go, what should they do?
6. Thomas: They go home.
7. Nesenoff: Where's the home?
8. Thomas: Poland. Germany.
9. Nesenoff: So you're saying the Jews go back to Poland and Germany?
10. Thomas: And America and everywhere else. Why push people out of there who have lived there for centuries? See?

I've numbered lines for convenience of discussion. Which line do you get anti-Semitic from as opposed to anti-Israel? For example, what traits does she ascribe to Jewish people?
Flying Fish
Member # 12032

- posted      Profile for Flying Fish   Email Flying Fish         Edit/Delete Post 
Interesting coincidence -- Helen Thomas has just done an interview in which she discusses her firing, among other things:

Follow this to find it:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/10/13/helen-thomas-im-not-antis_n_760789.html

This interview said that she made no secret of her pro-Arab, pro-Palestine views for decades, frequently challenging presidents for their support of Israel.

If the AP is run by Jews, why was she allowed to sit up front and do this for so many years?

Posts: 270 | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

quote:
I feel like we're missing a step.

Unless you have a longer version, the remarks are:
quote:
1. Nesenoff: Any comments on Israel? We're asking everybody today, any comments on Israel?
2. Thomas: Tell them to get the hell out of Palestine.
3. Nesenoff: Oooh. Any better comments on Israel?
4. Thomas: Remember, these people are occupied and it's their land. It's not German, it's not Poland ...
5. Nesenoff: So where should they go, what should they do?
6. Thomas: They go home.
7. Nesenoff: Where's the home?
8. Thomas: Poland. Germany.
9. Nesenoff: So you're saying the Jews go back to Poland and Germany?
10. Thomas: And America and everywhere else. Why push people out of there who have lived there for centuries? See?

I've numbered lines for convenience of discussion. Which line do you get anti-Semitic from as opposed to anti-Israel? For example, what traits does she ascribe to Jewish people?
6, 7 and 8.
Mucus
Member # 9735

Lines 6,7, and 8 seem to add up to "Jews from Poland and Germany (but not from "America or everywhere else" from line 10) should go back home to Poland and Germany."

Presumably this would weaken the state of Israel, but what does this say about Jewish people that is actually anti-semitic? Is being Polish or German inherently a negative trait or something?

Flying Fish
Member # 12032

Could it be a matter of connotation? Could it be that most Jews coming to Israel from Poland and Germany were specifically trying to avoid the ovens in those two countries?

Regardless, something about Helen Thomas's statement struck these two guys as "offensive" and "reprehensible."

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20007054-503544.html

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/video/gibbs-calls-helen-thomas-comments-reprehensible-10847527

Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Lines 6,7, and 8 seem to add up to "Jews from Poland and Germany (but not from "America or everywhere else" from line 10) should go back home to Poland and Germany."

Presumably this would weaken the state of Israel, but what does this say about Jewish people that is actually anti-semitic? Is being Polish or German inherently a negative trait or something?

Those comments are easy for a reactionary zionist to take as anti-semitic, but on their own they're only really anti-israel.
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Kwea:
Any group that has been prevented from having a voice in the past would seek to make sure they will have one in the future.

Be that as it may, that current advantage/dominance is currently used in the interest of Israel by shutting out voices deemed too critical of Israel.

quote:
The fact that the debate you linked to was aired, on NPR no less, shows that you are wrong. There IS a debate, and many sides are being heard. This isn't a binary situation....it isn't just one said or the other. Many people, such as myself, support Israel but do not believe that they are perfect, or that they do everything right.
But the parameters of the debate were absurd. That's the point. Two zionists argued against each other.

quote:
Extremist rarely get airtime. They just don't represent the views of most people, and the very fact that hey are extreme limits their exposure.
Jewish media dominance has made it so that non-Zionists voices, or those who agree with the Walt-Mearsheimer thesis, are deemed as "extremists." This is a specification of how Jewish dominance media serves Jewish interests.

Nope. People are aware of those views. They just don't care what they have to say, because their views are so extreme. The "Jewish control" you talk about isn't control at all. It's involvement, and their is nothing wrong or underhanded about that at all.

We don't ask Jack Chick to a gay rights debate, but not because he doesn't have views on the subject. We don't because we already know what he is going to say, and we know that he is going to use hate language hidden as gospel.

We also know we don't really care what he has to say on the subject.

There is hardly a lack of voices against Israel in the media, so your arguments don't even appear to have a logical foundation. But don't let the stop you from crying foul. Just don't expect anyone above the age of 14 to take you serious about it.

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

quote:
Could it be a matter of connotation? Could it be that most Jews coming to Israel from Poland and Germany were specifically trying to avoid the ovens in those two countries?

Quite.
Mucus
Member # 9735

I think thats a bit of a stretch unless you know she was intending on having them go back in time-travelling DeLoreans or something.
Lisa
Member # 8384

I don't think it's a stretch at all. When you have even the President making idiotic statements about how the State of Israel was created because of the Holocaust, it feeds into the Arab nonsense about "Why should we have to pay for what the Europeans did to the Jews."

She was absolutely referring to Germany and Poland for a reason. The country the most Israelis hail from is probably Russia. But that wouldn't have suited Her Despicableness.

MightyCow
Member # 9253

- posted      Profile for MightyCow           Edit/Delete Post 
Boring!

The "Jews run the media" debate is old and busted. How come we never hear "Jews run the legal system" or "Jews make all the candy fattening" debates? Let's make this interesting.

Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sa'eed
Member # 12368

quote:
Had she come out in support of Fred Phelps or some neo-Nazi group, she would have gotten the same treatment. The American public has a sense of decency that simply won't tolerate that sort of thing. [/QB]

Please. The American public didn't care. But the small and powerful Zionist faction did.

[ October 14, 2010, 07:19 AM: Message edited by: Sa'eed ]

Stephan
Member # 7549

Funny how you have never actually named any members of this Zionist faction.
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Sa'eed, we are aware that this is your opinion. We also have pretty much disagreed. As you have no proof, and the people you are defending ARE extreme, how about we sing a new tune?

Proof?

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:
Had she come out in support of Fred Phelps or some neo-Nazi group, she would have gotten the same treatment. The American public has a sense of decency that simply won't tolerate that sort of thing.

Please. The American public didn't care. But the small and powerful Zionist faction did. [/QB]
I know quite a few people who were very upset, and I would not say they are Pro-Israeli.

But that's just anecdotal evidence.

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mucus
Member # 9735

quote:
Originally posted by Kwea:
... the people you are defending ARE extreme, how about we sing a new tune?

Extreme is relative. I don't think anti-Israel comments to the extent that Helen Thomas said would have drummed someone out of the NDP in Canada (double-checking, Libby Davis made pretty much the same comments, albeit more polite and survived the controversy as deputy leader for the NDP in Parliament). So *shrug*
Lisa
Member # 8384

quote:
Originally posted by MightyCow:
Boring!

The "Jews run the media" debate is old and busted. How come we never hear "Jews run the legal system" or "Jews make all the candy fattening" debates? Let's make this interesting.

And Jews make health care expensive. Let's not forget that.
Flying Fish
Member # 12032

Jews killed the McRib sandwich.

(Yeah, I know it's coming back in selected markets, but that's just to appease the Freemasons).

Geraine
Member # 9913

- posted      Profile for Geraine   Email Geraine         Edit/Delete Post 
The Mcrib is back????!?!!?!?!?

(Off to see if there is a McRib Locater App for my Iphone....)

Posts: 1937 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

quote:
Jews killed the McRib sandwich.

(Yeah, I know it's coming back in selected markets, but that's just to appease the Freemasons).

I used to love the McRib, back before I kept kosher. And the eggnog shakes in December.
Lisa
Member # 8384

Jews killed the radio star.

Jews shot the sheriff, but they did not shoot the deputy.

When Jews fight authority, authority always wins.

Geraine
Member # 9913

- posted      Profile for Geraine   Email Geraine         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't forget:

Bush hates Jewish People

Posts: 1937 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

- posted      Profile for MightyCow           Edit/Delete Post 
Jews drive around busy cities and take all the good parking spots.
Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_Frank
Member # 8488

- posted      Profile for Dan_Frank   Email Dan_Frank         Edit/Delete Post 
My Jewish room mate has a story of some TV show he once saw about anti-semitism. One scene has always stuck with him, where a young girl (under 10) said: "Jews are thieves. They'll take things right out of your hand."
Posts: 3580 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by MightyCow:
Jews drive around busy cities and take all the good parking spots.

III KNEW IT! ... it all... makes sense now... DAMN YOU JEWS! DAAAMMMNNN YOOUU!!!!
Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
evil jews walk around with their bags of jew gold, secret underwear, freemason illuminati initiation ceremonies, The Protocols of the Elders of Bush II was Behind the WTC attacks, and consort with the Shadow Pope to ensure atheist world takeover with Secret Muslin (sp) Obama with Realistic Battle Damage and Karate Chop Action. Lesbian Janet Reno presiding over the gay corruption of our innocent youths. Guest starring Balloon Boy as the CEO of Monsanto/Prinicipality of Sealand, inc. In theaters today.
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
And nobody could say why Samprimary was simultaneously attacked by every single person in the world which would in turn lead to the sudden outbreak of the final world war.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

quote:
Originally posted by Samprimary:
evil jews walk around with their bags of jew gold, secret underwear, freemason illuminati initiation ceremonies, The Protocols of the Elders of Bush II was Behind the WTC attacks, and consort with the Shadow Pope to ensure atheist world takeover with Secret Muslin (sp) Obama with Realistic Battle Damage and Karate Chop Action. Lesbian Janet Reno presiding over the gay corruption of our innocent youths. Guest starring Balloon Boy as the CEO of Monsanto/Prinicipality of Sealand, inc. In theaters today.

What about the Illuminati and Reno's Jackbooted Storm Troopers (tm)?
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

Samp tagged the illuminati, "freemason illuminati initiation ceremonies...".
Lisa
Member # 8384

Damn, I missed that. He should have capitalized, I guess.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.