FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » "Family Circus" to become a movie; I may take up drinking

Author Topic: "Family Circus" to become a movie; I may take up drinking
Sterling
Member # 8096

- posted      Profile for Sterling   Email Sterling         Edit/Delete Post 
The horror... The horror...

It will probably be less of a dismal bomb-out than Marmaduke, if only because it won't require expensive CGI to produce. And the lack of originality and creativity on display in Hollywood is so nothing new it hardly requires a retread. And still, I have to ask: is no one capable of doing focus testing anymore? And if focus testing was done, do you think several typical moviegoers spotaneously bursting into flame and running out of the area screaming when asked what they thought of the idea of a "Family Circus" movie could have told them something?

Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
When I was in high school, we used to dare each other to read Family Circus, Nancy, and Wee Pals. Because all three of them were so brain damaging that it was like daring someone to touch something gross.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
If only there were a simple and effective way to not have to watch new movies that come out, we could save ourselves a lot of misery.

There should be a law.

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lem
Member # 6914

- posted      Profile for lem           Edit/Delete Post 
The best part of the link you posted:

quote:
A number of studios competed for the rights for what is envisioned as a multiple quadrant family franchise.
Studios actually competed for this movie instead of accepting it on a dare or as a gift to some family member.
Posts: 2445 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
C3PO the Dragon Slayer
Member # 10416

- posted      Profile for C3PO the Dragon Slayer           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by mr_porteiro_head:
If only there were a simple and effective way to not have to watch new movies that come out, we could save ourselves a lot of misery.

There should be a law.

Two responses in, and we already have a thread winner!
Posts: 1029 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

- posted      Profile for MightyCow           Edit/Delete Post 
Nationally, we should be able to veto newovies before they're made, and if we get a 2/3 majority, they have to trash the movie and donate the whole budget to public schools.
Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.