FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Political Attack Ad

Author Topic: Political Attack Ad
Flying Fish
Member # 12032

- posted      Profile for Flying Fish   Email Flying Fish         Edit/Delete Post 
Submitted for your enjoyment:

http://dailycaller.com/2010/10/14/the-greatest-canadian-attack-ad-ever/

Posts: 270 | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. I thought there was going to be some sort of context for that, but no! That was awesome!

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
Dear God.
Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
*enjoys*
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Nice...

[Big Grin]

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
I like how that last line is completely from left field; they didn't lead up to it or anything.

They could have said "he kills puppies with sledgehammers", but I guess they couldn't find a video of that.

Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
. . .

[Confused]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DDDaysh
Member # 9499

- posted      Profile for DDDaysh   Email DDDaysh         Edit/Delete Post 
Yep, that flowed well!

Off topic - NPR has been running a series of programs examining attack adds with some website (which of course I do not remember, as I only listen to NPR while driving). We have some pretty crazy ones down here too.

One that's going around in Texas is that Rick Perry is injecting 11-year-old girls with a potentially toxic chemical without their parents permission. They are referring to the fact that he did put the HPV vaccine on the "requirements" list for middle school vaccinations. However, as absolutely everyone knows, you can opt out of any vaccine you choose by filling out a really simple form. Besides that, he's hardly going around injecting them, and any health clinic that IS injecting them most definitely requires parental permission first. It's just ludicrous!

Btw, I really dislike Rick Perry most of the time. I actively voted against him in the last election (voting for someone who was not my favorite candidate because I thought a different candidate had a better chance of beating Perry), and I will almost certainly not vote for him this time around. However, I still hate it when people televise complete nonsense!

Posts: 1321 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tstorm
Member # 1871

- posted      Profile for Tstorm   Email Tstorm         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
However, I still hate it when people televise complete nonsense!
I'm guessing you don't watch much TV, then?
Posts: 1813 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Flying Fish
Member # 12032

- posted      Profile for Flying Fish   Email Flying Fish         Edit/Delete Post 
Uhhh, sorry, Nighthawk. "My opponent kills puppies," is already being used in the Illinois Governor's race.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/10/13/bill-brady-dogs-ad-pat-quinn_n_761135.html

Posts: 270 | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
I want to murderdeathkill all people involved in the production of political ads.

Then I want to murderdeathkill the supreme court for opening the floodgates on corporate/foreign money getting poured in without accountability or traceability to fund things like these political ads.

Then I'm just going to set off every nuke in the world at once as a deserving act of revenge against humans, the species for whom cognitive dissonance, choice supportive bias, FUD-seeding and other cognitive tricks allow them to be swayed by these stupid, stupid, obscenely stupid, terrible ads.

Faith in humankind is impossible during election season.

Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geraine
Member # 9913

- posted      Profile for Geraine   Email Geraine         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Samprimary:

Then I want to murderdeathkill the supreme court for opening the floodgates on corporate/foreign money getting poured in without accountability or traceability to fund things like these political ads.

I assume then you want to murderdeathkill the POTUS as well? Afterall, all of those foreign campaign contributions and pre-paid cards he received added up to millions of dollars in untraceable funding.
Posts: 1937 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mucus
Member # 9735

- posted      Profile for Mucus           Edit/Delete Post 
Foreign money rocks actually and was the only silver lining to that particular decision.
Posts: 7593 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Geraine:
quote:
Originally posted by Samprimary:

I assume then you want to murderdeathkill the POTUS as well? Afterall, all of those foreign campaign contributions and pre-paid cards he received added up to millions of dollars in untraceable funding.
And the source you got this from plz
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkKnight
Member # 7536

- posted      Profile for DarkKnight   Email DarkKnight         Edit/Delete Post 
Foreign donations
Obama was mildly rebuked for having almost nonexistant checks on his website for donating small sums of money. There was a simple checkbox you had to click on saying you were legally allowed to donate money but none of the other types of safeguards that would have made it more difficult to accept online donations from overseas.
Newsweek

Posts: 1918 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.