FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Samp/Parkour (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Samp/Parkour
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

- posted      Profile for MrSquicky   Email MrSquicky         Edit/Delete Post 
I was wondering if I missed something on this. Is there a reason why you're switching between handles?
Posts: 10177 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
Why do you think they're the same person? So that he can risk banning as Parkour?
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

It's obvious to me that they are the same person. I figured that there was some reason for this that I missed.
Posts: 10177 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

My guess is that he was having a hard time controlling himself, so he created an alt where he could vent to his heart's content without having to worry about his primary getting banned.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Arnold
Member # 11712

- posted      Profile for Raymond Arnold   Email Raymond Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
"primary" tee hee.
Posts: 4136 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think they are the same, although I could be wrong.
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

Okay, I thought that this was something that was probably public knowledge and that there was a reason given for it. I'm not around that much, so I miss things.

I'd still like an explanation, but my surmise from when I started this thread was incorrect and I don't really expect one now.

Kwea
Member # 2199

Well, I've been known to be clueless about things like that before, so maybe not. [Big Grin]
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Arnold
Member # 11712

- posted      Profile for Raymond Arnold   Email Raymond Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
For the record, if this IS the case, I had no idea.
Posts: 4136 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scifibum
Member # 7625

- posted      Profile for scifibum   Email scifibum         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought the same thing, Mr., and had a vague memory of the Parkour poster explicitly claiming to be the same person as Samprimary.

This post seems to indicate otherwise. Same with this one.

This post is probably one of the ones that gave me the impression that they were the same person.

I can't find the explicit link that I thought I remembered, so I'm thinking I was wrong. Just two people with "Sam" in one of their names. Or Samprimary has a friend named Parkour who lets him use his login.

Posts: 4287 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_Frank
Member # 8488

- posted      Profile for Dan_Frank   Email Dan_Frank         Edit/Delete Post 
In that third link, scifibum, Samp himself responds to the post you linked to, and basically flat out says they are not the same poster.

So... yeah. I would assume they aren't the same poster.

Posts: 3580 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scifibum
Member # 7625

Good point, Dan.

I think they have a startlingly similar writing style.

Posts: 4287 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

quote:
I think they have a startlingly similar writing style.
And threads that they post in.
Lisa
Member # 8384

quote:
Originally posted by Raymond Arnold:
"primary" tee hee.

You saw that, huh?
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm Spartacus!
Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Parkour
Member # 12078

- posted      Profile for Parkour           Edit/Delete Post 
Wait, so I'm a sock puppet now?

No, I am not samp.

Posts: 805 | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
Hahaha wait what perfect timing on this

this is like when I was THE (sam)PRIMARY SUSPECT for hatrack getting spamtrolled with encyclopedia dramatica articles.

FUN FACTS ABOUT PARKOUR:

- Also a sam
- Also a filthy colorodan
- Also a goon
- Boring conversationalist ('hm, I agree' 'hm, yes, that sounds reasonable')
- Taller than me and stars in videos where he speedruns up rockfaces

Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Aren't all Coloradans filthy?
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scifibum
Member # 7625

quote:
Originally posted by TomDavidson:

Your regional chauvinism is the most charming I've encountered.
Misha McBride
Member # 6578

- posted      Profile for Misha McBride           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Samprimary:

this is like when I was THE (sam)PRIMARY SUSPECT for hatrack getting spamtrolled with encyclopedia dramatica articles.

FUN FACTS ABOUT PARKOUR:

- Also a sam
- Also a goon

There are more than two goons on Hatrack?
Posts: 262 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't posted there in a while but they keep following me, proving once and for all that I am a smurf.

EXAMPLE: I am both lisa and clive candy, you rubes.

Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kmbboots
Member # 8576

- posted      Profile for kmbboots   Email kmbboots         Edit/Delete Post 
Goodness. Even among those of you I bother to pay attention to, I doubt I would recognize your writing style.
Posts: 11187 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scifibum
Member # 7625

For me, it was likely a hunch reinforced by a lot of confirmation bias to the point where I thought I was picking up on "style". I'm sorry about that, both of you.
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Misha McBride:
quote:

FUN FACTS ABOUT PARKOUR:

- Also a sam
- Also a goon

I'm surprised both of them are goons. I consider myself an inactive goon. I have a SA account, and I played WOW in a goon guild. When we play the same games we tend to roll together.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

MrSquicky just has to come to terms with the fact that I am over half of the forum by now. Including the simperers who surmise that I'm so worried about getting banned (lol) that I use smurfs. Where do the old posters go? I'm not telling. In two years it'll just be MrSquicky talking with ten of me about how two other people also seem to be me.
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

Them being friends in real life would account for my impressions as well.
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Where do the old posters go? I'm not telling.

I know. And I'll tell -- just PayPal me 10 grand.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

quote:
Originally posted by MrSquicky:
Them being friends in real life would account for my impressions as well.

We're actually clones, he's a phenotype — the 'octenary' — designed for trying to kill himself climbing rocks. I don't know what the central office was thinking with that one.
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by TomDavidson:

No.

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Arnold
Member # 11712

"I'm not a sock puppet. I'm you."
kmbboots
Member # 8576

[ROFL]
Posts: 11187 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by BlackBlade:
quote:
Originally posted by Misha McBride:
quote:

FUN FACTS ABOUT PARKOUR:

- Also a sam
- Also a goon

I'm surprised both of them are goons. I consider myself an inactive goon. I have a SA account, and I played WOW in a goon guild. When we play the same games we tend to roll together.
Goons is a thing? I thought that was an uncharacteristic moment of self-deprecation.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

I'm always amused when someone on the internet is unaware of what it means to be a goon.
Kwea
Member # 2199

I had to look it up......

quote:
Goon - Members of the Something Awful Forums. They were named this after repeated verbal attacks on a website caused the owner to complain to Something Awful owner Lowtax about him and his "goons."

Goons have neckbeards, no real-life social skills, a tendency for whining about dumb superficial crap, and a knack for shutting down anyone who has anything worth making fun of. They're known for their sarcastic and elitist tendencies, though many on the internet find them hilarious.

Usually proud members of such Forums as GBS, BYOB, FYAD, or ADTRW, goons patrol the Awful Forums attempting to type funny jokes while their fingers slip off the keyboard due to Cheetos grease.

Goons spew overused catchphrases like "Do you have stairs in your house?" or "All your base are belong to us," though they are also responsible for founding and popularizing various internet memes, web sites, and trends.

BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not. Goon Squad wouldn't have a lot of influence with the sorts of places on the internet I imagine katharina frequents.

For those interested.

Link.

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

The weird part of all goonery is that SA continues to be about the best forum on the world, with a capacity to segregate its own neckbeardism.
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

I think a big part of that is the sheer number of forums and sub forums. Many goons never leave some of the sub forums. It makes for a situation where you can get *very* pertinent and specific advice for a variety of topics from investing to gardening.
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

quote:
The weird part of all goonery is that SA continues to be about the best forum on the world, with a capacity to segregate its own neckbeardism.

Best not say such things for fear of the 4chan gods.
Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Misha McBride
Member # 6578

- posted      Profile for Misha McBride           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Nighthawk:
quote:

Best not say such things for fear of the 4chan gods.
SA indirectly spawned 4chan, much to the chagrin of all goons not in ADTRW.

quote:
Originally posted by BlackBlade:
I think a big part of that is the sheer number of forums and sub forums. Many goons never leave some of the sub forums. It makes for a situation where you can get *very* pertinent and specific advice for a variety of topics from investing to gardening.

Kinda surprised that you're a goon though I shouldn't be. It is a pretty diverse community especially with the way some subforums never go outside to the rest of the site. BTW, I found its only fun to play with Goon Squad if you don't give a crap about the game otherwise. [Razz]
Posts: 262 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by kmbboots:
Goodness. Even among those of you I bother to pay attention to, I doubt I would recognize your writing style.

You would recognize mine. But then again, I am Dagonee... can you deal with *that??*
Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Parkour
Member # 12078

- posted      Profile for Parkour           Edit/Delete Post 
This ended more funny than I expected.
Posts: 805 | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

The firewall at blocked somethingawful.com. Reason? "Tasteless."

It does not sound like a place I would to a list of essential destinations.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

quote:
Originally posted by katharina:

It's blocked here for being "Adult/Mature Content;Humor/Jokes".

This place is no fun. [Frown]

kmbboots
Member # 8576

quote:
Originally posted by Orincoro:
quote:
Originally posted by kmbboots:

You would recognize mine. But then again, I am Dagonee... can you deal with *that??*
Goodness no! And see? I had no idea.
Samprimary
Member # 8561

quote:

You're about as compatible with SA as my grandmother. Stay on prude forums.
katharina
Member # 827

quote:
quote:

Whistled. Save the tasteless behavior for the mud pit.
JanitorBlade
Administrator
Member # 12343

- posted      Profile for JanitorBlade   Email JanitorBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Samp: While I agree katharina would probably find SA to be a terrible place, that was a terrible way to convey that thought. Don't do that please.
Posts: 1194 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
Can you can explain, in the interest of general edification, how Samp's post is worse than Kat's post that immediately follows it?

They both seem to be within the TOS by my reading, and they both are intentionally insulting.

[ November 06, 2010, 02:12 PM: Message edited by: El JT de Spang ]

Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

quote:
quote:
quote:

Whistled. Save the tasteless behavior for the mud pit.
Also in the interests of general edification: I rest my case?
Samprimary
Member # 8561

quote:
Originally posted by El JT de Spang:
They both seem to be within the TOS by my reading, and they both are intentionally insulting.

My post being within the TOS in this instance (and true, serious advice) is practically irrelevant. Especially now that the forum's gone flat-out ridiculous again. =)
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.