FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » 2012 GOP Presidential checklist (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: 2012 GOP Presidential checklist
malanthrop
Member # 11992

- posted      Profile for malanthrop           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by kmbboots:
quote:
Originally posted by Mucus:
quote:
Originally posted by malanthrop:
Jesus is like the constitution and the Jews that crucified him are like Obama.

Quoted, just because.
Yep. My head is still spinning.

Pssst...it was the Romans.

The Roman ruler, Pontius Pilate crucified Jesus not out of law, but Political Correctness.

"This interview was the one last effort to save Jesus. Pilate went out to the crowd again and they shouted, "If you release this Man, you are no friend of Caesar" (19:12). Pilate finally gave in to the crowd and the pressure. He again ascended the tribunal and finally pronounced the crucifixion of Jesus."

http://www.bible-history.com/pontius_pilate/pilatePilate_and_Jesus.htm

Pilate (the Romans) gave in to the crowd of Jews. According to Roman Law, Jesus hadn't committed any crime. The Romans had many gods. Unfortunately, Pilate was like the leader of South Side Chicago. The population under his control were Jews that demanded Jesus' head. Pilate was a politician that ignored the law for the demands of the crowd. Initially, Pilate wanted to send Jesus free. The community organizers in front of him convinced him to kill him. The crowd didn't care about Roman law. The crowd cared about Jewish law. The crowd demanded Jesus' death.

Roman law found no fault in Jesus, yet a Roman ruler crucified him,...against his better judgement. Jesus was crucified for being politically incorrect. What do you get when politicians ignore the law in favor of the masses? A lawless land. Pilate did not want to crucify Jesus, but Pilate was a politician.

Posts: 1495 | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mucus
Member # 9735

- posted      Profile for Mucus           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by malanthrop:
The Roman ruler, Pontius Pilate crucified Jesus not out of law, but Political Correctness.

Posts: 7593 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a republican who didn't think the healthcare reform went far enough. Folks thought they were going to get free healthcare, but what we got was mandatory healthcare that we still have to pay for. We left the union funds on one side and the HMO bastards on the other intact.

My first preference would be no healthcare reform. The other thing would be have the whole tree down and start over. I don't disagree that healthcare was severely broken, but I don't feel it's being improved. I'm being asked to share risk by a president that smokes. Or are we saying that never happened either, or is no longer relevant?

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
malanthrop
Member # 11992

- posted      Profile for malanthrop           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by pooka:
I'm a republican who didn't think the healthcare reform went far enough. Folks thought they were going to get free healthcare, but what we got was mandatory healthcare that we still have to pay for. We left the union funds on one side and the HMO bastards on the other intact.

My first preference would be no healthcare reform. The other thing would be have the whole tree down and start over. I don't disagree that healthcare was severely broken, but I don't feel it's being improved. I'm being asked to share risk by a president that smokes. Or are we saying that never happened either, or is no longer relevant?

The president that smokes can afford a good doctor. Cap and trade won't impact Nancy Pelosi or Al Gore...they can afford to continue in their private jets and armored SUV caravans. Liberals may outnumber conservatives but the wealthiest political leaders are liberal and the sheep always outnumber the herders. The Kennedy that inherited his money, doesn't care about a 250k "income tax". If you make an income, you're little people. I believe it used to be called, "New Money" during the great progressive victorian era.

The radical Tea Party people don't want wealthy elites telling them what is good for them and taxing the masses for "the greater good". They're so radical, they actually believe in a government, "Of the people, by the people and for the people". Any time one of the regular "new money" people decide to rise up, they get ridiculed for having difficulty paying their mortgage or ....ghast.... being a Christian. We're too used to self proclamed "Christian" Politicians that are pro-gay marriage and pro-abortion. Some even have the nerve to use the label, "reverend" for their political gain.

We're suppose to be lead by sheep but benevolent dictatorships sound so much better.

Posts: 1495 | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Mal, don't ever change. Not that you could. [Smile]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.