FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Science Fiction in China

Author Topic: Science Fiction in China
Szymon
Member # 7103

- posted      Profile for Szymon   Email Szymon         Edit/Delete Post 
Hello,

I am a student of chinese studies here in Poland and I am writing a paper on Chinese Science Fiction. I always liked science fiction, I like China, so I chose this topic [Smile]

I wondered if anyy of you could help me out by giving links to some good pages about that- I would love them to be in English, because my Chinese is not that good. I am able to read though, so if you know a short but good article in Chinese, I would be very greatful.

I would also appreciate any suggestions about the most famous SF writers in China and their books (hopefully translated:)

Thanks a lot! I found some things, but you hatrackers usually know everything:)

Posts: 723 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mucus
Member # 9735

- posted      Profile for Mucus           Edit/Delete Post 
This might be useful, it is a podcast though
http://popupchinese.com/lessons/sinica/science-fiction-in-china
quote:
Joining Kaiser this week is longtime Sinica stalwart Gady Epstein, who also happens to be the Beijing bureau chief for Forbes magazine. With them we have two genuine experts on Chinese science fiction. Our first guest is Stanley Chen (Chen Qiufan), Google employee and one of the leading new generation of Chinese science fiction writers. Joel Martinsen, one of the most informed Americans on the Chinese science fiction scene, is also in our studio to talk about what sets Chinese sci-fi apart from its Western counterpart.

Posts: 7593 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Szymon
Member # 7103

- posted      Profile for Szymon   Email Szymon         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks a lot, Mucus. It's great.
Posts: 723 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mucus
Member # 9735

- posted      Profile for Mucus           Edit/Delete Post 
Was looking for something else, came across a listing of the various resources and books mentioned in the podcast as well as a list of other resources here
http://www.danwei.org/podcasts/chinese_science_fiction_a_read.php

Posts: 7593 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.