FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Superbowl picks 2011

Author Topic: Superbowl picks 2011
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone have any favorite teams they would like to call out before the playoffs begin? I was thinking of maybe running a playoff pool for week by week playoff games, if anyone is interested. No stakes or money, just for fun......and pride. [Big Grin]
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

This message was sent to you by brilljr@hotmail.com.

brilljr@hotmail.com wants you to join their NFL Playoffs and Super Bowl XLV (45) Pick 'em 2011 pool, named "brilljr@hotmail.coms pool", at PoolTracker.com.

To join, click below and follow the easy steps.

-Click on this link:
http://www.PoolTracker.com/join.asp?poolid=53204

-Enter this pool credential information.

The Pool ID is: 53204
The Pool Password is: Hatrack

-Make your picks!

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

change your screen name to your ID here at Hatrack once you set it up, so we know who is who. [Smile]
shadowland
Member # 12366

- posted      Profile for shadowland   Email shadowland         Edit/Delete Post 
What, no interest in this?
Posts: 161 | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Says the password is wrong.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

Should be "Hatrack", with a capital H. shadowland joined already.

Anyone else?

I have it set up to score like this: One point for a correct pick, and MINUS one point for a wrong one.

[ January 04, 2011, 02:54 PM: Message edited by: Kwea ]

PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know how to do this, but I'll give it a shot.
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

You just pick who you think will win each of the playoff games. As a tie break you made a guess at what the final score of the Super Bowl will be, then add both teams score and pick that as your tie break number.

The computer does all the math, just like in FF. You just make your picks each week. [Smile]

Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
Budweiser usually does fairly well, so they have a decent chance. But if Old Spice can do as well this year as they did last year, they might be a favorite.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LargeTuna
Member # 10512

- posted      Profile for LargeTuna   Email LargeTuna         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in but I don't see myself doing all that well at this sort of thing.

Unless it's soccer or hockey i'm generally hopeless at predicting sport.

woohoo yeah, football time!

Posts: 856 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
Personally I prefer the eTrade babies. [Big Grin]
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
As long as there aren't any friggin' cavemen. I'd rather have the lizard.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
So...none of us have any points, yet. Does that mean everyone picked Saints over Seahawks?
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Flying Fish
Member # 12032

- posted      Profile for Flying Fish   Email Flying Fish         Edit/Delete Post 
I think the site updates overnight, after all games are final for the day. Regardless, I wouldn't be surprised if everyone didn't pick Saints.

I've always felt that the key to winning pools like this was to follow this theory:

The usual usually happens. Unusually, the unusual happens. Usually, most people expect the usual. In order to win, you have to anticipate the specific occurrence of the unusual, because in a big enough sample the unusual usually occurs.

I thought that this week's surprise would be Chiefs over Ravens -- which would be unusual.

Posts: 270 | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. We *all* picked Saints and Colts. Except for one person who didn't pick anything yet.
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ron Lambert
Member # 2872

- posted      Profile for Ron Lambert   Email Ron Lambert         Edit/Delete Post 
You read it here first. The 2012 Superbowl will be won by the Detroit Lions. Their defensive line is already being called "one of the great ones in history." Imagine what they could do if all three quarterbacks were not injured, like they were this year.
Posts: 3742 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

So far I'm 0 and 3...
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

Make that 0 and 4.
Kwea
Member # 2199

7 of the 8 of us are tied for 1st place.

At -2 points.

ROFLMAO

PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

Wow.
shadowland
Member # 12366

- posted      Profile for shadowland   Email shadowland         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, this weekend certainly didn't turn out as expected.
Posts: 161 | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

No joke! Particularly for the Saints, Colts and Eagles.
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Late to the party but I made my picks for the remaining 4 games or so.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Flying Fish
Member # 12032

- posted      Profile for Flying Fish   Email Flying Fish         Edit/Delete Post 
I am really cleaning up...

...on Bizarro world. In this universe, not so good.

Posts: 270 | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

Now I can't login again, or retrieve my account info. Kinda obnoxious.
Kwea
Member # 2199

Next year we will try a more user-friendly site, I got this one at the lest second.
shadowland
Member # 12366

Ugh, this has been quite an unpredictable postseason so far.
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

Being number one with zero points doesn't feel like much of an accomplishment.
shadowland
Member # 12366

Nice job on the Jets pick, PSI. That game was the one pick of mine from this weekend that I felt sure about.
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

I felt like it was one of those expected-unexpected upsets, like Flying Fish was talking about.
Kwea
Member # 2199

Wow. We all really suck. LOL
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

And the winner is...

...me, with negative one points. That's so sad.

shadowland
Member # 12366

Oh yeah, this is why I generally avoid fantasy football.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.