FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Thoughts and Prayers to The Card Family (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Thoughts and Prayers to The Card Family
neo-dragon
Member # 7168

- posted      Profile for neo-dragon           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

OSC has canceled all scheduled book signings. He suffered a minor stroke on New Year's Day. He will have a complete recovery but will be spending the next several months writing at home.

Best wishes to OSC and the entire Card family. None of us would be posting here if in one way or another, at one time or another, the writings of Orson Scott Card hadn't changed our lives for the better.

I'm glad to hear that he will make a full recovery, and hope that he will enjoy many, many more years of good health.

Posts: 1569 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm very sad to here this. By thought and prayers are with him and his family.
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
XenaDancer
Member # 12386

- posted      Profile for XenaDancer           Edit/Delete Post 
My heart goes out to him and his family!
Posts: 8 | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown]

Thanks for posting that.

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
I hope your recovery goes well, and you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
I hope he feels better soon. [Frown]
Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
This is bad news. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
Praying for OSC and the entire family. May you have a speedy recovery. Best wishes!
Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
0Megabyte
Member # 8624

- posted      Profile for 0Megabyte   Email 0Megabyte         Edit/Delete Post 
I hope he gets better too. My heart goes out to him and his family.
Posts: 1577 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
Best wishes for a speedy recovery. OK, yes, there are some selfish reasons in there; just finished Pathfinder and The Lost Gate and I want to know how they end. But I also want him to take as long as it takes to get back to full health.

Take it easy, sir. And I'm very glad you're still with us.

Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JanitorBlade
Administrator
Member # 12343

- posted      Profile for JanitorBlade   Email JanitorBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
My best wishes for your speedy recovery sir. [Smile]
Posts: 1194 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CT
Member # 8342

- posted      Profile for CT           Edit/Delete Post 
You and your family have my very best wishes as well.

Many people very dear to me have dealt with strokes. It can be so scary, even if not severe. I will keep you in my thoughts.

Posts: 831 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown]

OSC, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I wish you a speedy recovery.

Your works have been a source of great joy and pleasure to me - intellectually, emotionally, and spiritually. Thank you for that.

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
Adding my prayers for a speedy and complete recovery.
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Darth_Mauve
Member # 4709

- posted      Profile for Darth_Mauve   Email Darth_Mauve         Edit/Delete Post 
All the best to all the Cards, especially Mr. Card, from everyone here.
Posts: 1941 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
(((OSC)))

Our thoughts and prayers are with you for a speedy and full recovery.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sean Monahan
Member # 9334

- posted      Profile for Sean Monahan   Email Sean Monahan         Edit/Delete Post 
Mr. Card, you and your books have been a force of positive inspiration to me throughout my adult life, and I wish you a speedy recovery. My thoughts are with you and your family.
Posts: 1080 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Bridges:
Take it easy, sir. And I'm very glad you're still with us.

Amen!

Love and prayers to Scott, Kristine, and all their family.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Prayers for a complete recovery In Sha Allah.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
0Megabyte
Member # 8624

- posted      Profile for 0Megabyte   Email 0Megabyte         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Sean Monahan:
Mr. Card, you and your books have been a force of positive inspiration to me throughout my adult life, and I wish you a speedy recovery. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Adult life? He's been a force of positive inspiration to me in my adolescence, in addition! [Big Grin]
Posts: 1577 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sean Monahan
Member # 9334

- posted      Profile for Sean Monahan   Email Sean Monahan         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I'm 42. EG was the first book I read by OSC at age 17 or 18. He totally changed my perspective about what was possible in science fiction literature.
Posts: 1080 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sterling
Member # 8096

- posted      Profile for Sterling   Email Sterling         Edit/Delete Post 
A speedy and complete recovery to you, Mr. Card, and all the rest you need to get there. And all the best to your family.
Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Reader
Member # 3636

- posted      Profile for The Reader   Email The Reader         Edit/Delete Post 
May you recover well and quickly to continue to bring joy to all you love and to those who love you!
Posts: 684 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
Your collective kindness has meant much to me. Certainly you are in my thoughts and prayers; may health return soon.

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
How terrible! I wish him a speedy recovery! I can't say that his books really changed my life, but they are important to me, and I've gained a great deal of satisfaction and enjoyment from them.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AvidReader
Member # 6007

- posted      Profile for AvidReader   Email AvidReader         Edit/Delete Post 
My prayers are with you and your family, sir. Here's to not doing that again. [Smile]
Posts: 2283 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
Get well soon.
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jake
Member # 206

- posted      Profile for Jake           Edit/Delete Post 
May your recovery be quick and complete. I'll certainly be thinking of you and your family.
Posts: 1087 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CountMiller
Member # 12436

- posted      Profile for CountMiller           Edit/Delete Post 
While I listen to the audiobook of Lost Gate I'll be thinking of OSC and praying for his swift recovery.
May the Lord bless and keep him and his family.

Posts: 4 | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pat
Member # 879

- posted      Profile for Pat   Email Pat         Edit/Delete Post 
I just heard about your stroke over Facebook. For some reason, my first thought was to come here and express my heartfelt wishes for a very speedy recovery. Your faith, integrity and testimony is a wonderful example to us all. May you recover soon and continue to delight us with your storytelling abilities.
Posts: 1800 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Armoth
Member # 4752

- posted      Profile for Armoth   Email Armoth         Edit/Delete Post 
May you have a full and speedy recovery. You have been a powerful influence in my life and in the lives of my friends and family. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
Posts: 1604 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkKnight
Member # 7536

- posted      Profile for DarkKnight   Email DarkKnight         Edit/Delete Post 
May you have a speedy and full recovery, my thoughts and prayers are with you, Mr. Card, and your family during this time
Posts: 1918 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geraine
Member # 9913

- posted      Profile for Geraine   Email Geraine         Edit/Delete Post 
I wish you a speedy recovery, and my prayers are with you. Hang in there!

Remember that the Lord will never give you any challenge that you cannot overcome.

Posts: 1937 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
Thoughts and prayers. Here's to much more OSC goodness.
Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
Best wishes to the whole OSC family!

(Nice to see some old faces (names) in here!)

Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yozhik
Member # 89

- posted      Profile for Yozhik   Email Yozhik         Edit/Delete Post 
Just chiming in to say our thoughts and prayers are with you as well. Not only your books but also your other writings have made a great difference in our lives. May your recovery be quick and your illness only a memory that you can use in a story. [Smile]
Posts: 1512 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amanecer
Member # 4068

- posted      Profile for Amanecer   Email Amanecer         Edit/Delete Post 
I wish all the best to you and yours! May your recovery be speedy.
Posts: 1947 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
airmanfour
Member # 6111

- posted      Profile for airmanfour           Edit/Delete Post 
Get well soon!
Posts: 1156 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
((((((Uncle Orson))))))

Please get well soon!

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theamazeeaz
Member # 6970

- posted      Profile for theamazeeaz   Email theamazeeaz         Edit/Delete Post 
Best wishes for a speedy recovery!
Posts: 1757 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
plaid
Member # 2393

- posted      Profile for plaid   Email plaid         Edit/Delete Post 
eep!

Glad you're taking care of yourself!!

Posts: 2911 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
I would like to add my best wishes to the others in the thread. I hope you are fully recovered before you know it and that the time at home will be a blessing to you.
Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crotalus
Member # 7339

- posted      Profile for Crotalus   Email Crotalus         Edit/Delete Post 
Praying for you Dude! Get well ASAP!
Posts: 232 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

- posted      Profile for Valentine014           Edit/Delete Post 
You are in our thoughts!

-Niki, Phil and Andrew

Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
There's a bit of an update on the front page.

"OSC suffered a mild stroke on Saturday 1 January 2011. He is now back home, retraining his brain so that the fingers of his left hand strike the keys he's aiming for. He will not be responding to most emails because his typing time must be devoted to finishing his fiction. But he is grateful for your good wishes and he promises not to die with any series unfinished.

For the foreseeable future, OSC will not make any public appearances or undertake any travel. Since his speech is unimpaired, he will still conduct radio and recorded interviews."

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geoffrey Card
Member # 1062

- posted      Profile for Geoffrey Card   Email Geoffrey Card         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm glad he's maintaining his sense of humor [Smile]

My kids just made a packet of get-well cards for him. My oldest said that hers was "A book about how to get better."

It simply contained the words: "This is how you get better."

[Smile]

Posts: 2048 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Launchywiggin
Member # 9116

- posted      Profile for Launchywiggin   Email Launchywiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
I am willing the universe to make you feel better, OSC.
Posts: 1314 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zotto!
Member # 4689

- posted      Profile for Zotto!   Email Zotto!         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh man, that was a shock to see on the front page! Best wishes and prayers for a speedy recovery to Uncle Orson and the whole Card family! Get well soon, dude!
Posts: 1595 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Geoffrey Card:
I'm glad he's maintaining his sense of humor [Smile]

My kids just made a packet of get-well cards for him. My oldest said that hers was "A book about how to get better."

It simply contained the words: "This is how you get better."

[Smile]

This reminds me, I've had several people ask about sending Mr. Card get well...err...cards. No pun intended. Would it be possible to get a mailing address to those people Geoffrey? PM me through the forums if that's possible.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.