FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Can I buy a hotel for Bag End please.

Author Topic: Can I buy a hotel for Bag End please.
Darth_Mauve
Member # 4709

- posted      Profile for Darth_Mauve   Email Darth_Mauve         Edit/Delete Post 
My son found a copy of "Lord of the Rings Monopoly" at a thrift shop over the weekend.

Imagine if you combined Monopoly with Lord of the Rings, and you get the game.

Why anyone would want to combine Monopoly with Lord of the Rings is beyond me...except that they would make money selling it to people like me who love Lord of the Rings, and people like my son who loves Monopoly (he has 7 versions at last count.)

Anyway there was some interesting quotes from the game:

"Gandalf buying the Mines of Moria just doesn't seem like a good idea."

"Yeah, the Mines are infested with Balrogs."

"Son, don't you dare put the ring of ultimate evil on your finger. We will have no ultimate evil in this house. Just take it outside."

"How come I paid twice as much to ride Bill the Pony as I did to ride Shadowfax?"

"I am going to mortgage Minas Tirith."

"Go to Isengard, directly to Isengard. Do not pass Go..."

Posts: 1941 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
One does not simply roll the dice into Mordor.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
lol
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
I have LOTR RISK.

It's the best thing ever.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Seatarsprayan
Member # 7634

- posted      Profile for Seatarsprayan   Email Seatarsprayan         Edit/Delete Post 
No, THIS is the best thing ever.
Posts: 454 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Seatarsprayan:
No, THIS is the best thing ever.

Man, some of the results from the goals are awesome.

quote:
Gimli insists on reciting the entire Book of Mazarbul aloud, as a tribute to Balin. Two members of the Fellowship get captured and eaten by trolls in the meantime.

.../...

Denethor agrees to give Aragorn the crown, but only if Aragorn will prove his loyalty to Gondor by marrying Ioreth. Try again next turn when Aragorn's less nauseous.

.../...

Frodo fails and he claims the Ring for himself, but Sam realizes his duty as a good servant and pushes Frodo into the fire.

Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok. I officially need a big peice of cardboard and some card stock to make that game. Right now.
Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.