FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Retrieval Artist Series

Author Topic: The Retrieval Artist Series
DDDaysh
Member # 9499

- posted      Profile for DDDaysh   Email DDDaysh         Edit/Delete Post 
So, I was reading through OSC's recent Goodreads interview and he mentions this series. It's one I discovered a couple of years ago and really REALLY liked. In fact, just last month I started my first re-read of the series.

The thing is, I haven't heard many people talk about it. It's really a fun series because it rolls up sci-fi, detective stories, and interesting characters all in together. I quite enjoyed it, but I haven't really seen anyone else talk about it before. It surprised me when it popped up as one of his recent reads in the interview.

Have any of you guys read it? What did you think?

Posts: 1321 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 4484

- posted      Profile for msquared   Email msquared         Edit/Delete Post 
I think I have read all but the last two (through Paloma). Good series.

msquared

Posts: 1907 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
I ordered the first one from Half.com based on an Uncle Orson post a few months back. It was quite a good read; I'm glad you reminded me because I meant to find the other books in the series as well.
Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DDDaysh
Member # 9499

- posted      Profile for DDDaysh   Email DDDaysh         Edit/Delete Post 
I got the first one free from audible, so I just continued with the audio books. I did track down the original short story through the library though.
Posts: 1321 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
Looks interesting. I'll add it to my TBR pile.
Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dean
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for dean   Email dean         Edit/Delete Post 
I enjoyed The Disappeared, but my used bookstore doesn't seem to have any others. I've been meaning to try the other used bookstore.
Posts: 1751 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.