FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Brilliant journalism

Author Topic: Brilliant journalism
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
So I'm reading an article on tips to increase fertility. Number 3: Take anti-histamines to thin out the cervical fluid and make it easier for the sperm to swim through it. Number 9: Drink grapefruit juice to thicken the cervical fluid and make it easier for the sperm to stick!

Sheesh. Does nobody actually read these things before posting them?

Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DSH
Member # 741

- posted      Profile for DSH           Edit/Delete Post 
Is thick cervical fluid a common fertility problem?

Is thin cervical fluid a common fertility problem?

Posts: 692 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by King of Men:
So I'm reading an article on tips to increase fertility.

O RLY?
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Juxtapose
Member # 8837

- posted      Profile for Juxtapose   Email Juxtapose         Edit/Delete Post 
Not knowing anything about this, it IS possible for both to be true, if there's some sort of Goldilocks zone for viscosity of cervical fluid with excessive thinness occurring in some females, and excessive thickness in others.
Posts: 2907 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by rivka:
quote:
Originally posted by King of Men:
So I'm reading an article on tips to increase fertility.

O RLY?
[ROFL]

----
Are you thinking of taking the plunge into fatherhood KOM?

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AchillesHeel
Member # 11736

- posted      Profile for AchillesHeel   Email AchillesHeel         Edit/Delete Post 
He is probably just preparing for a dinner party, somethings are difficult to find at the market and it might be easier to make it himself.
Posts: 2302 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
I think knowing ways to increase fertility - and cervical mucus in general - has many applications that are pertinent to the modern man.
Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mucus
Member # 9735

- posted      Profile for Mucus           Edit/Delete Post 
Mucus is always pertinent
Posts: 7593 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
I believe you mean "impertinent".
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mucus
Member # 9735

- posted      Profile for Mucus           Edit/Delete Post 
Mucus means what he says
Posts: 7593 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AchillesHeel
Member # 11736

- posted      Profile for AchillesHeel   Email AchillesHeel         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Phanto:
I think knowing ways to increase fertility - and cervical mucus in general - has many applications that are pertinent to the modern man.

Female fertility, and how to avoid it is always pertinent.
Posts: 2302 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AchillesHeel
Member # 11736

Mucus is a werewolf, Mucus finds your lack of faith disturbing.
Parkour
Member # 12078

- posted      Profile for Parkour           Edit/Delete Post 
http://nation.foxnews.com/culture/2011/02/13/horseman-apocalypse-shows-cairo
Posts: 805 | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh for crying out loud. I must have seen like a thousand horsemen of the apocalypse when I watched the new Star Trek movie.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AchillesHeel
Member # 11736

That looks nothing like a 1972 AMC Hornet Wagon, have you seen Supernatural?
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by AchillesHeel:
quote:
Originally posted by Phanto:

Female fertility, and how to avoid it is always pertinent.
Spoken like someone who will never need to utilize the info.

[Wink]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AchillesHeel
Member # 11736

I think Scrubs summed up my reaction to the last late period scare.
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
People swim the same speed in liquids of varying viscocities. I imagine it's the same with sperm.
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

quote:
Originally posted by Teshi:
People swim the same speed in liquids of varying viscocities. I imagine it's the same with sperm.

Ooohh, did you see that episode of Mythbusters too?
happymann
Member # 9559

- posted      Profile for happymann   Email happymann         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by BlackBlade:
quote:

But didn't they prove that people swim slower in thicker liquids on mythbusters IIRC?
Posts: 258 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by BlackBlade:
quote:

I must have missed the part when Adam swam through a pool full of sperm.
Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

I don't think this is at all obvious. Liquids behave very differently at cellular scales; applying lessons from the human-sized dynamics is a practically guaranteed way to get it wrong.
Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.