FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Food: Peanut Butter and M&M's

Author Topic: Food: Peanut Butter and M&M's
AlphaEnder
Member # 12514

- posted      Profile for AlphaEnder   Email AlphaEnder         Edit/Delete Post 
I personally really like peanut butter and chocolate in pretty much all things, like ice cream or Reese's. I was making a peanut butter sandwich the other day, and dropped the knife which skidded towards a bag of M&M's. I decided to try it out, not on the sandwich but just by themselves and decided that I liked it (however, the subsequent heartburn was not pleasant). Anyone else tried this, or have some sort of strange food mix that they like? I'm always open to ideas.
Posts: 20 | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DSH
Member # 741

- posted      Profile for DSH           Edit/Delete Post 
I made a peanut butter and Hersheys syrup sandwich once. I couldn't seem to get enough syrup on it to satisfy my chocolate craving at the time and I've never tried it since. (That was before I had kids. Now I have to be careful of the example I set for my kids, because they'll take my idea and build on it! [Wink] )

I've also tried dipping chocolate bars in peanut butter (like the old Reese's commercials: "You got your chocolate in my peanut butter!...") Better chocolate seems to yield better results.

Posts: 692 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tinros
Member # 8328

- posted      Profile for Tinros           Edit/Delete Post 
I used to mix peanut butter and honey in a big bowl. It started off as sandwich topping, but pretty soon I did away with the bread and went straight for the sweet nutty goodness. [Wink]
Posts: 1591 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
They make peanut butter M&Ms and they are yummy.
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aros
Member # 4873

- posted      Profile for Aros           Edit/Delete Post 
Peanut butter Twix is also fantastically good (along with the Little Debbie equivalent). My favorite was the peanut butter Snickers in the early nineties.
Posts: 1204 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jebus202
Member # 2524

- posted      Profile for jebus202   Email jebus202         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by AlphaEnder:
not on the sandwich

My heart sank when you said this, as I, like my most people I believe, have an inexplicable fascination with the creation and consumption of sandwiches which are made of ingredients that come from the category of Not Sandwich Appropriate.
Posts: 3564 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephan
Member # 7549

- posted      Profile for Stephan   Email Stephan         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by The Rabbit:

Have you had the peanut butter and jelly ones? I'm hooked.
Posts: 3134 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
I put peanut butter on a spoon and stick a bunch of chocolate chips onto it. Great snack.
Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shanna
Member # 7900

- posted      Profile for Shanna   Email Shanna         Edit/Delete Post 
Chocolate and peanut butter has the whole sweet and salty appeal going for it. Just like how I love chocolate covered pretzels.

However, the peanut mms are infinitely better than the pretzels mms.

Posts: 1733 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CT
Member # 8342

- posted      Profile for CT           Edit/Delete Post 
You've reminded me of a favored healthy-ish treat: wholegrain fiber crackers topped with a thin spread of fresh-ground peanut butter and then a thin layer of melted good dark chocolate. Pop in freezer, have as late-night snack. Mmmm.
Posts: 831 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FoolishTook
Member # 5358

- posted      Profile for FoolishTook   Email FoolishTook         Edit/Delete Post 
Peanut butter mixed with honey mixed with oatmeal mixed with dried milk = delicious.
Posts: 407 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tstorm
Member # 1871

- posted      Profile for Tstorm   Email Tstorm         Edit/Delete Post 
A peanut butter and honey sandwich is my traditional pre-race meal. There's nothing decadent about it. [Smile]
Posts: 1813 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AlphaEnder
Member # 12514

- posted      Profile for AlphaEnder   Email AlphaEnder         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Stephan:
quote:
Originally posted by The Rabbit:

Have you had the peanut butter and jelly ones? I'm hooked.
They have peanut butter and jelly ones?? What?!? I'm not really a huge fan of the peanut butter M&Ms (I still don't like the "candy" shell), but pretty much everything else peanut buttery works. Any suggestions for odd foods that don't have peanut butter and chocolate in them? =)

For example: my grandma makes fantastic grilled cheese sandwiches. She also makes applesauce from the apples in their orchard (Oregon apples are amazing). I decided one day to put them together, and it was...interesting. But absolutely delicious (as a dip, not like baked in with the cheese or as a spread). I wouldn't suggest this unless you have some fantastic applesauce because that store-bought stuff is not good enough for it.

Let's see...does anyone else make meatloaf with shredded carrots in it (just a few)? I've never seen it served that way outside the family, so I don't know if it's just our weird tradition or...?

Sorry, didn't notice this post until I typed all that up there:

quote:
Originally posted by Tstorm:
A peanut butter and honey sandwich is my traditional pre-race meal. There's nothing decadent about it. [Smile]

So true. I don't race (never been quite the build for that), but before wrestling matches that was my food. It was also the only food Coach offered to buy for us because it had pretty much everything we needed for some good energy. Honey is fantastic for a quick shot.
Posts: 20 | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ron Lambert
Member # 2872

- posted      Profile for Ron Lambert   Email Ron Lambert         Edit/Delete Post 
Has anyone here ever tried peanut butter and pickle sandwiches? I know, it sounds off-the-wall wierd. But a lady I was dating at the time recommended it, insisted that I try it, and lo and behold, it actually tasted pretty good. Most pickles are sweet, and of course peanut butter is usually sweetened. Even the sourness of the vinegar in the pickles (or lemon juice, if you are into avoiding vinegar) works, because sweet-sour is an acceptable taste to most people. It is a fairly common characteristic in oriental foods.
Posts: 3742 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DDDaysh
Member # 9499

- posted      Profile for DDDaysh   Email DDDaysh         Edit/Delete Post 
When they first came out with PB M&M's they had a commercial with a little boy sticking a spoon into PB and covering it with M&M's and eating them. It always looked so good, but I really don't like PB

Somehow, I do like PB M&M's though...

Posts: 1321 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ron Lambert
Member # 2872

- posted      Profile for Ron Lambert   Email Ron Lambert         Edit/Delete Post 
I think for a PB and chocolate sandwich, what you might really prefer would be a combination of peanut butter and chocolate cake frosting--since they are both of a similar spreadable consistency. But talk about the calories!

Other nut butters could be substituted for the PB. Almond butter is widely available, and hazelnut butter would probably be naturally sweeter.

Posts: 3742 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Herblay
Member # 11834

- posted      Profile for Herblay           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Ron Lambert:
I think for a PB and chocolate sandwich, what you might really prefer would be a combination of peanut butter and chocolate cake frosting--since they are both of a similar spreadable consistency. But talk about the calories!

Other nut butters could be substituted for the PB. Almond butter is widely available, and hazelnut butter would probably be naturally sweeter.

No, a peanut butter and Nutella sandwich is the optimum chocolate / peanut butter sandwich solution.
Posts: 688 | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.