FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Torchwood: Miracle Day

Author Topic: Torchwood: Miracle Day
Aros
Member # 4873

- posted      Profile for Aros           Edit/Delete Post 
So, yes, news of the new Torchwood being co-produced by Starz and the BBC is great. So are the new cast additions -- including Bill Pullman, Lauren Ambrose, and Wayne Knight (Newman!) -- and the return of Captain Jack.

I did see a humorous quote, however. "A universe in which fictional characters aren't 'allowed' to die is ridiculous and limiting... When death is a reality in a drama, the jeopardy is greater [and] the stakes are greater. In Torchwood, anyone can die. That's a good thing."

http://www.ology.com/screen/torchwood-miracle-day-have-american-feel

I've no quarrel with Ianto, and I admire the writers for (liberally) killing off main characters . . . but . . . anyone can die, huh? Are you sure you thought that statement through?

Posts: 1204 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

- posted      Profile for Valentine014           Edit/Delete Post 
Great. Now I have to get Starz? Just when I thought my cable bill couldn't possibly get any higher.
Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
Bit Torrent is your friend.

(from legal sites, of course)

Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
(from legal sites, of course)
This is amusing when the question is acquiring a show that will not be legally available via bittorrent [Wink]
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

You don't know that.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I pretty much do. If you like, you can add "absent either a drastic change in the legal situation or a near complete about face by Starz and the BBC".
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephan
Member # 7549

- posted      Profile for Stephan   Email Stephan         Edit/Delete Post 
Does Netflix still have that deal with Starz?

Even if it doesn't, it will have the first season on dvd less than 12 months later.

Posts: 3134 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

fugu, the only reason I added the caveat was that I didn't want to go against OSC's request.
Valentine014
Member # 5981

- posted      Profile for Valentine014           Edit/Delete Post 
Like I'm going to wait 12 months for Torchwood. Sheesh!

Eh. I'll probably download it.

Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
I have cable tv, downloading is just acquiring a digital record of it, equivalent to recording on my dvr, I'm just not physially turning the tv on to accomplish it.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
Tread carefully. BB has locked threads before for discussing/admitting to illegal activity.
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

Hence my addition of "from legal sites, of course".
Geraine
Member # 9913

- posted      Profile for Geraine   Email Geraine         Edit/Delete Post 
Starz still has the deal with Netflix, and you don't really have to wait. I know that Spartacus (Both seasons) had episodes posted the day after they aired.

It is possible they will do the same with Torchwood. :=D

Posts: 1937 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by The Rabbit:
Tread carefully. BB has locked threads before for discussing/admitting to illegal activity.

I sped in a school zone today.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

I'm telling.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.