FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Oh! Those darned radical Islamist Atheists! (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Oh! Those darned radical Islamist Atheists!
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
In other news, it's nice to be back in 2004
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rawrain
Member # 12414

- posted      Profile for Rawrain   Email Rawrain         Edit/Delete Post 
Triple post!
Hatrack is addictive, if you have nothing else to do!
Still a conspiracy in my eyes!
-----
Also you failed to explain why building 7 just explodes and collapses even though it's a pretty fair distance from all the action....

Posts: 461 | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Also you failed to explain why building 7 just explodes and collapses even though it's a pretty fair distance from all the action....
You understand the difference between 'failed to explain' and 'didn't at this point in time explain,' right? If so: You're right, I haven't. That doesn't detract from the points I made at all, though, so .. hooray?
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
This is a very dishonest method of discussion, Rawrain. You made a bunch of (frequently made, frequently rebutted, ridiculous) points, and some of them were very soundly shut down. Completely ignoring the fact that some of the issues you brought to the table were demonstrated to be incorrect, you just said, "Well what about this?"

That's not how you have a good-faith discussion. In one of those you say, "Huh, I didn't know that," or, "Never thought of it that way, good point." Not doing so is not only pretty bad form, it makes you look pretty ridiculous-and that's putting it mildly.

How about that week off from Hatrack you were going to take? It would be good for you. You said you were going to do it. I think you'll find that - and it's funny that Charlie Sheen is having his business right now too - most people around here are reaching their limits on how much time they'll waste on you, with a few exceptions.

Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rawrain
Member # 12414

Sam, no matter how many times you point out gramatical errors it won' answer the statement for you.
-
Rakeesh, off-topic, I said I would take a week off after I post a landmark, no landmark posted.

Are you "telling" me to acknowledge Sam's post as accurate, or act like he informed me on a plausibility I didn't already know about?

pentagon 'crash' site
A crash site
Crashed into a mountain: Helios Airways Flight 522
Crashed: Kam Air Flight 904
Crashed into mountains: West Caribbean Airways Flight 708
I find it hard to find pictures of plane crashes with similar magnitude to the pentagon crash, strange.... if you really wanna prove me wrong find those 3 pictures, if they are identical to the Pentagon crash, I will compliment Sam on how right he was about large aircrafts disintegrating.
-------
Building 7 remains unchallenged.
-------
The events of 911 are relivent to the topic at hand, as the initial cause of all this hub-bub.
If it's proven Muslim Extremists are responsible for the events, it's one thing, but if it's proven that our government or some secret seated shadows are responsible, it's another thing entirely.

Posts: 461 | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
You should archive these posts, Rawrain, and look at them ten years later. It'll be good for you.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh man. Really? This is hilarious.
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rawrain
Member # 12414

Curiously the FBI confiscated many of the videos that would've seen the plane hit the Pentagon.

http://vimeo.com/13726978 It's pretty great to watch long, and informal! You may want to skip the whole 'history of religion' part, which basically compares religions to astrology and each other. After the 911 talk, it goes on to talk about the economy, central bank and such..

Or maybe you shouldn't watch it because I suggested so, your choice 8D

[ April 03, 2011, 06:23 PM: Message edited by: Rawrain ]

scholarette
Member # 11540

- posted      Profile for scholarette           Edit/Delete Post 
I have friends that witnessed the plane hit the pentagon. The news cameras broadcasting from DC were on her building's roof and having stayed at their apt before, I know with the windows they have a perfect view of that part of pentagon. While we have before discussed the ability to remember things that aren't true, this apt by habit and location would have witnessed the attack and they were talking about it immediately after. I guess the government convinced all those folks to lie believably to their friends about it, which with an apt full of upstanding LDS women, believable lying would be an impressive accomplishment.
Posts: 2223 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

Here's an exercise for you, Rawrain: try to disprove your OWN idea. That is, look for evidence yourself that rebuts your own suggestions (which, like many conspiracies, have the appeal to vanity that this one does: it makes you secretly wise, and other people dupes, and frees you from an obligation to become better informed).

This is a VERY well-researched topic, easily accessed online by CREDIBLE sources. See if you can do this. There's no risk, because if you're right an attempt to disprove yourself fairly will fail. If you're wrong, you've gained by shedding a wrong belief.

This is pretty much one of the easiest tests of how to be a critical thinker and good-faith participants in a discussion I've encountered in awhile. I hope, but at this point don't expect, you can do it. I rather expect some gloating about how people haven't actually showed you were wrong, and some emoticons.

Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sean Monahan
Member # 9334

- posted      Profile for Sean Monahan   Email Sean Monahan         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by scholarette:
I have friends that witnessed the plane hit the pentagon.

Ditto.
Posts: 1080 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

My grandmother was on the army navy country club greens (or some other close field) playing golf next to the pentagon when the plane went right over her head.
Rawrain
Member # 12414

Alright Sam wins Grandmother victory!
Still curious about what the FBI gains by taking all of the video evidence from stationary cameras..

How does forensic evidence survive in temperature hot enough to melt steel...

Rakeesh it's not my idea, but it's a conspiracy theory, if it was entirely proven it would be just a conspiracy, though it's only a theory I still believe it's absolutely true, after all this country is that messed up.

Samprimary
Member # 8561

My grandmother provides only an anecdotal story. It should be mostly irrelevant compared to the wealth of information available on the subject.

Popular Mechanics did a fair summary about the failures of a lot of the 9/11 truther claims.

scholarette
Member # 11540

- posted      Profile for scholarette           Edit/Delete Post 
FBI takes cameras because those cameras give different views of what happens. Same reason why when someone is robbed at the walmart parking lot, the police collect not just the walmart parking lot videos, but also the texaco and discount tire videos that show a different angle. It gives a more thorough picture of exactly what happened.
Posts: 2223 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rawrain
Member # 12414

"His gas station, open only to Department of Defense personnel, is the last structure between the Pentagon and the hillside that, hours later, would become a wailing knoll. "By the time I got outside all I could see was a giant cloud of smoke, first white then black, coming from the Pentagon," he said. "It was just a terrible, terrible thing to be so close to."
"Velasquez says the gas station's security cameras are close enough to the Pentagon to have recorded the moment of impact. "I've never seen what the pictures looked like," he said. "The FBI was here within minutes and took the film."
The FBI was there within minutes, interesting...

http://infowars.net/pictures/may2006/170506FOIA.jpg request to see the tapes under the freedom of information act -denied
-------------
If these videos show what is obvious then why does the FBI need to hold them? It's just ridiculous all of it.. the government lies lies and hides, and if you so much as try to step outside that, you will get denied... just like the whole roswell thing, you can get the papers NOW, but they are blacked out in all the sweet spots.
-------------
Pop mech, and scie. are awesome magazines 8D I had a 3 year sub for one of my birthdays, some amazing stuff in both of them...

Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
Rawrain, is there a conspiracy you don't believe?
Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rawrain
Member # 12414

No, but that's just because I only look into matters of my concern, and when I look into them I look deeply into them.
The way I see it, it's either is a conspiracy or it was made to look like one. I can't think of any reason to make something look like a conspiracy so my bet is on the 1st one.

We gotta save ourselves while we can, after that everything gets out of our control...

Samprimary
Member # 8561

infowars link, take a shot
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
You say you looked deeply into it. Take a look at what the infowars FOIA request was actually for vs what you said it was for (hint: it says in the letter), and then look at the reasons the request was denied (hint: the letter points you at the reasons used).
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rawrain
Member # 12414

Yet another topic I derailed....

fugu I am not seeing it .__.
----
Edt. I see it now, that's just the subject >->

[ April 04, 2011, 12:02 AM: Message edited by: Rawrain ]

rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Rawrain:
I can't think of any reason to make something look like a conspiracy

Your lack of imagination is astounding.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. All that is required is for you to read what was written and you aren't able to do it.
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wingracer
Member # 12293

- posted      Profile for Wingracer           Edit/Delete Post 
Conspiracy theories can be fun and some are quite convincing but I have found that most come from a lack of understanding about the facts of a case.

For instance, people like to claim that Oswald couldn't have made the shot on JFK because the Italian rifle he used was one of the least accurate weapons of WWII. That second part is true; however, at that range, ANY WWII long rifle is more than accurate enough to make that shot. Anyone that knows rifles and shooting would know that the gun, while second rate, is still good enough. Anyone that doesn't know shooting hears that and says "conspiracy".

Please note, I am not interested in starting a JFK debate. Just using it as an example. If you want to spew a bunch of other theories about it, start a new thread.

Posts: 891 | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

Well, Rawrain, you've consistently demonstrated that you're not worth being taken seriously. Even very easy things you won't investigate, choosing instead go flatter your own vanity by believing you've 'looked deeply' into things. Despite not having shown evidence of looking beyond whatever silly preconception you started a conversation with.

I won't spend any more time taking you seriously. Enjoy being super-right, dude! Everyone else just don't look deep enough!

Rawrain
Member # 12414

Just many unanswered simple questions that are kept secret for unknown reasons arouses suspicion in me and other people, so of course conspiracy arrives especially when people dying is involved.

I'm not taken seriously anyways, it would take a video of a plane NOT crashing into the pentagon to convince you guys otherwise, and of course let's see someone get them >__>

And no one ever answered the question about Islamic Atheists being an oxymoron...

Sean Monahan
Member # 9334

- posted      Profile for Sean Monahan   Email Sean Monahan         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
And no one ever answered the question about Islamic Atheists being an oxymoron...

That was already addressed in this thread before you brought it up.
Posts: 1080 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

quote:

You know, if you're this desperate, you should probably just light up a neon sign that says "i am trying to distract you towards something else now"

Or fire signal flares or something.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.