FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Landmark Subsection

Author Topic: Landmark Subsection
Rawrain
Member # 12414

- posted      Profile for Rawrain   Email Rawrain         Edit/Delete Post 
Come on people give the landmark section some attention, quite frackly I find it one of the greatest sections on hatrack, but it recieves the least attention? Once I get my life in order I am considering adding to the great stories there. [Monkeys]

Actually I decided I will start working on my landmark ehh tomorrowish-weekend maybe, I think I am going to start from as early as I can remember all the way to this very day..

[ March 31, 2011, 06:22 AM: Message edited by: Rawrain ]

Posts: 461 | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
Rawrain, landmarks are special because usually the people writing them are choosing to be very brave and self-revelatory. It's like getting naked in a crowded room. Everyone can see what you are choosing to expose. I hope you find the experience to be powerful. And also, they often correspond with a memorable post count. Blessings on your venture!

Oh, and not having your life in order is what landmarks are all about - we're all in this messy world together.

Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
And PLEASE don't make it a complete life story. That's not usually what they are for, or why people do them.

Most people pick something that was life changing, or a theme that has been running though several points in their life.

You do it how you what....I can't write your Landmark, after all, nor would I wish to.....but it isn't just a story told because it could be. It's told because it resonates with them, and they feel it would resonate with others.

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
Heh..mine was on Fluff. If I revealed all in a true "tell all" type way, Hatrack would receive way to much world wide coverage and recognition.

I'll keep us in the fluff zone.

[Wink]

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going to be typing up all my un-by-the-magazine-edited blog entries from our trip, and I think I'll identify it as a landmark. I'm glad the tradition lives on, even as it's changed over the years.

Rawrain, like Kwea, I wouldn't necessarily suggest putting in everything you can remember. I'd recommend choosing the things that are important to you, and sharing why they're important. In a sense, it's almost like a Speaking, though not as comprehensive.

As for giving it attention, it's a locked forum, so you can't really give it attention there. Y'know, just sayin'.

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rawrain
Member # 12414

^-^ My life so far hasn't been a long one, but it's hella eventfull, and so dramatic to the point that I will not be typing it under the name rawrain, due to the fact there would be some things in there that I only disclose between my best friends and of course my pregnant girlfriend.........

You would be suprized Kwea it won't be nearly as long as you think -my memory is very bad, I remember all the bad things, but all the days that were similar blended together-.

And Jenny, by having my life in order, I literally mean that, I can't tell you how old I am in most my memories... I don't wanna be telling an even thtat happened when I was 9 to be told as if I were 6 ~~~

[ April 01, 2011, 03:04 AM: Message edited by: Rawrain ]

Posts: 461 | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

Raw, it isn't about quantity, it's about quality. All I was trying to say, although apparently badly [Big Grin] , is that it is far better IMO to talk about things that matter to you than to just talk about "everything up to now".

Although there have been a few of those types that were good too. [Smile]

Write whatever you want, that's pretty much what landmarks are, after all. Important events told as only you COULD tell them.

But PLEASE don;t write under a pseudonym. It defeats the purpose of writing them, IMO. Don't share anything here you aren't comfortable having people know. This IS a public forum.

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rawrain
Member # 12414

Well none of it really matters to me, it's the past, but it does explain why I am here right now, hopefully it will help some people understand what I am saying a bit better.

It will br written under a pseudonym, rawrain already is a pseudonym, however I use that name everywhere, I don't want a family member or a friend googling rawrain and finding the story of my life, the last time these secrets got leeked I had to lie my way out of it, and I HATE LYING.

Everone here will know it would be my post and that's what matters.

Rawrain
Member # 12414

I'm writing, the landmark in notepad right now, but I am looking for a volunteer to proof and give me edit suggestions... anyone up for it?
jebus202
Member # 2524

- posted      Profile for jebus202   Email jebus202         Edit/Delete Post 
Please let it be me.
Posts: 3564 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rawrain
Member # 12414

jebus is the winner, the email you have for your profile is acceptable?
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
You stepped right into that one jebus.
Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rawrain
Member # 12414

Nah shouldn't be hard, I just have a hard time dividing between run-on and what's relivent. So when I write and speak I usually have many sentences that are absolutely useless XD
Rawrain
Member # 12414

Done, I just need jebus to confirm about the email XD I sent it to him ._. hope he doesn't hurt himself trying to read my writing, it's dangerous stuff >_<

[ April 01, 2011, 02:24 AM: Message edited by: Rawrain ]

jebus202
Member # 2524

- posted      Profile for jebus202   Email jebus202         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, I think that email doesn't work, let me get back to you with a different one.
Posts: 3564 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] Waits for the jebus proofed and edited landmark thread with anticipation.
Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rawrain
Member # 12414

oh.. XD alright jebus
Kwea
Member # 2199

quote:
Originally posted by Rawrain:
jebus is the winner, the email you have for your profile is acceptable?

[ROFL]
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Rawrain, jebus might not be the most trustworthy individual in this situation. Just giving you a heads up.
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

- posted      Profile for Stone_Wolf_           Edit/Delete Post 
*sigh* I'll do it, if no one else will really help. Hatrack used to be such a friendly place.
Posts: 6683 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
it should be noted that landmarks aren't about proofreading and editing. They're about putting out there to the community what you feel is important. Why should any of us tell Rawrain what to cut out of his landmark post?
Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

- posted      Profile for Stone_Wolf_           Edit/Delete Post 
Proofing/editing isn't about telling what to cut, it's about ensuring clarity, flow and grammar. And he requested it.
Posts: 6683 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

Yeah I'd say it is fair since he asked for help with it. Not editing the whole post but editing and proofing for clarityh anyway.
Rawrain
Member # 12414

It won't be posted, not for a while anyways....
Don't get your hopes up if it's never posted.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.