FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » World Pillow Fight Tomorrow

Author Topic: World Pillow Fight Tomorrow
Raymond Arnold
Member # 11712

- posted      Profile for Raymond Arnold   Email Raymond Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
Tomorrow is World Pillow Fight Day. In cities across the world, thousands of people will gather with pillows. And then fight.

I'm gonna be in Union Square, NYC. Anyone else coming?

[ April 01, 2011, 12:03 PM: Message edited by: Raymond Arnold ]

Posts: 4136 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
*yawn* Sure it is.

Happy April 1st to you, too.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Arnold
Member # 11712

- posted      Profile for Raymond Arnold   Email Raymond Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
You're gonna miss out on some awesome pillow fights.
Posts: 4136 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rawrain
Member # 12414

- posted      Profile for Rawrain   Email Rawrain         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going to use a feather pillow, not only are they increadibly heavy, the feathers make you terribly itchy... fear my pillow!
Posts: 461 | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Arnold
Member # 11712

They specifically ask you not to, in the interest of not actually hurting people.
adenam
Member # 11902

- posted      Profile for adenam           Edit/Delete Post 
Also some people are allergic to feather pillows.
Posts: 399 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rawrain
Member # 12414

;-; But it's not a good pillow fight unless someone get's hurt at least a little....

Didn't account for allergies, guess I can use a hypoallergenic synthetic feathers, but them my pillow would be really light, but it would still make people itchy, so I guess I win a little woo

Posts: 461 | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Arnold
Member # 11712

I was a little annoyed that the pillow fighting was confined to a (relatively) small area, surrouded by a dense wall of spectators that was hard to get through. I got in eventually.

I came to the arena with two pillows stuffed into one pillow case, so it just looked like I had one. Whenever I found someone to challenge to a dual and secured some empty space, I'd start off left handed, then halfway through the fight announce dramatically "I know something you don't know!" "Huh?" "I AM NOT LEFT HANDED!" And then switch and start wailing. THEN a minute later I'd suddenly draw the second pillow out of my case and start with the dual wielding, nunchuck style. (If you're dual wielding you can often snag their pillow, either disarming them or leaving them helpless as you wail on them with the second pillow).

Eventually met up with some folks from the NYC Rationalist group. Eliezer was there. That was pretty cool, although it was also a little disillusioning to see him running around screaming "Blood for the Blood God! The Enemy's Gate is Sideways!" (He looked pretty silly. Not to be confused with, you know, the rest of us).

By that point they (and I) were pretty tired, and mostly let ourselves get absorbed into this tidal wave of people, surrendering ourselves to Mob physics.

Vadon
Member # 4561

- posted      Profile for Vadon           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Raymond Arnold:
I was a little annoyed that the pillow fighting was confined to a (relatively) small area, surrouded by a dense wall of spectators that was hard to get through. I got in eventually.

I came to the arena with two pillows stuffed into one pillow case, so it just looked like I had one. Whenever I found someone to challenge to a dual and secured some empty space, I'd start off left handed, then halfway through the fight announce dramatically "I know something you don't know!" "Huh?" "I AM NOT LEFT HANDED!" And then switch and start wailing. THEN a minute later I'd suddenly draw the second pillow out of my case and start with the dual wielding, nunchuck style. (If you're dual wielding you can often snag their pillow, either disarming them or leaving them helpless as you wail on them with the second pillow).

Wow. You really have that down to an art.
Posts: 1831 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rawrain
Member # 12414

The sad part is.... I can't tell if this really happened or not XD
Raymond Arnold
Member # 11712

It really did.
Rawrain
Member # 12414

I should've went, but Kansas City is too far away. And if it were to happen in St.Loius I wouldn't even have bothered, it's a hellhole up there ;o
Raymond Arnold
Member # 11712

(I didn't personally get any video, but this is a decent one. It mostly just shows a massive mob. The more hardcore people were occasionally able to clear a circle around themselves, which was where more "duel-like" stuff happened (although it usually ended up being sort of "Good, the Bad and the Ugly" ish).
Rawrain
Member # 12414

We should decide war like this, last one standing wins.... we will call the warriors pillowsmen...
--------
Strangle before I thought war should be decided with paintball guns... that way you can still shoot people... and they theoretically die... everyone wins (except those that lose) 8D

Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
So this is why the subway tracks were covered in feathers yesterday. I thought the Q train hit a flock of pigeons.
Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.