FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Stuffed Animals for Tornado Disaster Victims

Author Topic: Stuffed Animals for Tornado Disaster Victims
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I am active on another forum where we have several members who live in hard-hit areas affected by the tornado disaster. While there are many local efforts to get out basic emergency supplies, it came up that there are many children who are sleeping in a strange place, many still without power, everything they had owned gone, and therefore nothing to hold in the night.

I have decided to try to collect new or gently used stuffed animals to be distributed directly to children in the affected areas. I know many of us with children (and a few without) have an overabundance of stuffed animals and dolls that seem to just accumulate and most barely get used. I have so far got a mailing address for one organization working in Tuscaloosa and surrounding areas, and am working on a contact in another area. If you would like to contribute, here are some guidelines:

Please send small-ish stuffed animals, soft dolls, or any other huggable "lovie" that a child could hold at night or during the day for comfort.

If items are used, please make sure they are in very good condition, and wash them before sending. Don't send something you wouldn't give as a gift to an acquaintance's child.

Make sure there are no small detachable parts that could be lost or choked on.

Mail to:

Toomers for Tuscaloosa
665 Hwy 74 South
Ste 700
Peachtree City, GA

They are also accepting in-kind donations of children's and adults' clothes and shoes, diapers, baby wipes, feminine products, etc.

Thanks for taking the time to help!

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.