FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Enders Game / Rasputin (TY OSC)

Author Topic: Enders Game / Rasputin (TY OSC)
Aurasan
Member # 12570

- posted      Profile for Aurasan           Edit/Delete Post 
SO.. Got to say, my favorite author has a website. Wonderful! I finally have a legitimate medium in which to inquire as to when (if) Rasputin will be released. (I am quite certain this thread gets posted quite often).
I have been waiting for a little over 13 years now (over half my life) to read part 2 of the Mayflower Trilogy.. I had initially thought something tragic had happened to Kathryn but it has come back to me this is not the case (thank god).
I would like to go on the record however and say that Lovelock was the first book I read by Card.. followed shortly by Ender's Game; my inspiration to join the United States Air Force. After getting a 98/99 on the ASVAB and finishing each segment in half the time they put me in Air Force Intelligence.. I always felt a kinship with the kids in Battle School for this reason. (If only I had been able to go into space on a star ship before my 6 years were over! Sure I could have stayed on, but I learned what I wanted to know and star travel is still a long way off)
So I suppose.. OSC, if you're reading this; Thank You good sir, for directing my life towards something I am proud to now be. Just.. write Rasputin wouldja?
Heck I'd even write it for you. I'm not a poor writer, though Ive never had anything printed (never tried).
Regardless of your delays I would sincerely enjoy being able to finish reading the MFT in my lifetime.
Cheers to all, Glad to be here!

Posts: 2 | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AchillesHeel
Member # 11736

- posted      Profile for AchillesHeel   Email AchillesHeel         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to Hatrack, I look forward to dissagreeing with you in the future.
Posts: 2302 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
Just to warn you, offering to write for OSC doesn't always go over well around here. [Smile]

Welcome to Hatrack.

Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

- posted      Profile for Stone_Wolf_           Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to Hatrack Aurasan... [Wave]

Just so ya know, the forum is split up between OSC related discussion and non OSC stuff...and this post really belongs on the other side. No biggy, just thought you would like to know.

Posts: 6683 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeff C.
Member # 12496

- posted      Profile for Jeff C.           Edit/Delete Post 
Good to meet you! That's funny you should say all that. I'm also in the Air Force and I work in the same field. I also write on the side, but it's just a hobby (going to try to publish something soon).

Anyway, Rasputin is still pending on the site as being in development, but there's no word on the progress. There was a Q&A with Card a year ago about various books and he mentioned this one. He said it's on his to do list, but because of Pathfinder and Lost Gate, he'll be too busy to work on it (much to the chagrin of Kidd, the co-author) until those two series are done. I'd expect about 3-5 years at least. He'll probably do Shadows in Flight after PF and TLG...

Hope that helps you.

Posts: 1324 | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jake
Member # 206

- posted      Profile for Jake           Edit/Delete Post 
I will be very, very surprised if Rasputin ever gets written. I could be wrong, of course, but the first one came out...what, 17 years ago? That's far enough back that I'm guessing that both authors have completely moved on in their heads to other stories.
Posts: 1087 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
That would be my guess as well. If it were ever going to be written, it would have happened a while ago.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Agreed.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

- posted      Profile for Stone_Wolf_           Edit/Delete Post 
Sadly agrees.
Posts: 6683 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
airmanfour
Member # 6111

- posted      Profile for airmanfour           Edit/Delete Post 
There are now too many airpeople, this starting to feel like work.

Welcome anyway!

Posts: 1156 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Seatarsprayan
Member # 7634

- posted      Profile for Seatarsprayan   Email Seatarsprayan         Edit/Delete Post 
Just give up on Rasputin. Just accept that it will never happen. Life is easier this way, trust me.
Posts: 454 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.