FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Anyone else watch "Falling Skies"?

Author Topic: Anyone else watch "Falling Skies"?
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

- posted      Profile for Stone_Wolf_           Edit/Delete Post 
Two hour premiere on TNT last Sunday...I enjoyed it. Good acting, the CGI was pretty darn solid for basic cable show, they had a really inventive opening and the characters seem accessible. I think I'll DVR the season.
Posts: 6683 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
It's "Jericho" with aliens, or at least, it looks that way on the surface. I did watch the premiere, and I liked it. I hope it doesn't go off the rails like a lot of these shows tend to.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
I watched part of it and enjoyed it a lot. My wife and I look forward to watching the rest of it. [Big Grin]
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
So many pretty people for a post-apocalypse.
Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
Meh. I got about halfway through. Too dark for my taste.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

quote:
Originally posted by Scott R:

[ROFL]
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aeolusdallas
Member # 11455

- posted      Profile for aeolusdallas   Email aeolusdallas         Edit/Delete Post 
I am liking Falling Skies so far.
Posts: 305 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aeolusdallas
Member # 11455

- posted      Profile for aeolusdallas   Email aeolusdallas         Edit/Delete Post 
I have to admit. The actor who plays Noah Wyle's oldest son is really, really pretty.
Posts: 305 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bella Bee
Member # 7027

- posted      Profile for Bella Bee   Email Bella Bee         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
They were just too pretty to die.

I used to watch ER obsessively, so I'll have to check out how John Carter grew up (and of course there are aliens).

Posts: 1528 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sa'eed
Member # 12368

- posted      Profile for Sa'eed   Email Sa'eed         Edit/Delete Post 
TNT sure does love Noah Wyle.
Posts: 668 | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephan
Member # 7549

- posted      Profile for Stephan   Email Stephan         Edit/Delete Post 
Good, not great.

I found the first half promising, but a little slow. The second half picked up with some nice characterization, but the bad human seemed way to much like antagonists I have seen before. I'm guessing he will end up like the guy in Lost in Space, they never get rid of him no matter how much trouble he causes along the way.

I assume these are not the "TRUE" aliens. There is a reason they made a point of the robots having two legs. My guess is that there are more humanoid looking aliens elsewhere controlling everything.

Posts: 3134 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

Sort of the Battlestar Galactica humanoid Silons. I agree.
FoolishTook
Member # 5358

- posted      Profile for FoolishTook   Email FoolishTook         Edit/Delete Post 
I liked it, but I felt it could have been better. I couldn't see half of what was going on, because it seemed like half of the best parts were filmed in shadow. Maybe it was just the glare on the TV. I'm definitely going to watch the show, however. I hope it gets stronger as it goes.
Posts: 407 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

- posted      Profile for Stone_Wolf_           Edit/Delete Post 
Ep 2 was enjoyable...here's hoping the show doesn't degrade into Melrose Place with dirt, guns and aliens.
Posts: 6683 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.