FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Steam Summer Sale 2011

Author Topic: Steam Summer Sale 2011
Sa'eed
Member # 12368

- posted      Profile for Sa'eed   Email Sa'eed         Edit/Delete Post 
It started today.

http://store.steampowered.com/

http://www.steamgamesales.com/

Posts: 668 | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh no...I'm about to get a whole lotta games that I'll convince myself will be played at some point.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sean Monahan
Member # 9334

- posted      Profile for Sean Monahan   Email Sean Monahan         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by BlackBlade, echoed by Sean Monahan:
Oh no...I'm about to get a whole lotta games that I'll convince myself will be played at some point.

Posts: 1080 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sa'eed
Member # 12368

- posted      Profile for Sa'eed   Email Sa'eed         Edit/Delete Post 
So far picked up:

-Elder Scrolls: Oblivion Game of the Year Edition.
-Shatter.

I'd wait until the last day (July 10th) to pick up anything that isn't a daily special, unless it's ridiculously cheap like "Shatter" ($2.50).

Posts: 668 | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
TORCHLIGHT. Get it, if you are waiting for Diablo III. $3 as of now. I paid $10 during a previous sale, worth every penny.
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Black Pearl
Member # 11788

- posted      Profile for The Black Pearl   Email The Black Pearl         Edit/Delete Post 
Got Bad Company 2, Bioshock 2, Plants vs Zombies, and Magicka. Anyone here play Plants vs zombies or Magicka?
Posts: 1407 | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes. They are both fantastic.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Black Pearl
Member # 11788

- posted      Profile for The Black Pearl   Email The Black Pearl         Edit/Delete Post 
I finished plants. It's pretty good. Gonna do the extra modes.

Time to finish SMG2 and Bulletstorm.

Posts: 1407 | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geraine
Member # 9913

- posted      Profile for Geraine   Email Geraine         Edit/Delete Post 
I picked up Torchlight, I thought it was about time. Also picked up Magika, and I love both of them.

I also picked up the Titan Quest games, as well as the first two Deus Ex games. The new Deus Ex is coming out and it looks awesome, so I figured I'd try to play through the first two.

Posts: 1937 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aragorn64
Member # 4204

- posted      Profile for aragorn64   Email aragorn64         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Geraine:
I picked up Torchlight, I thought it was about time. Also picked up Magika, and I love both of them.

I also picked up the Titan Quest games, as well as the first two Deus Ex games. The new Deus Ex is coming out and it looks awesome, so I figured I'd try to play through the first two.

Deus Ex 2 is pretty mediocre. Deus Ex 3 is going to be a prequel, so there's really not much of a need to play DX2.

The first Deus Ex is brilliant, though. Easily one of the best games ever made. The first mission may be a bit of trudgery (at least according to what some people say -- I like it), but push through it and you're in for an amazing experience.

Anyway, Steam Sale, I completely avoided the Holiday sale somehow. This one, though, I've been way to weak...my damage so far:

Batman: Arkham Asylum
Darksiders
Dragon Age: Origins
Fallout: New Vegas
Just Cause 2
STALKER: Call of Pripyat
Knights of the Old Republic
Super Meat Boy

Who knows if I'll ever play them. The only one I've gotten around to so far is Super Meat Boy. Still, it's hard to resist when you see great games on sale for under $5.00. I've gotten 8 games so far for about the price of a new title. Not bad. (Now I've got to find time to play them...)

Posts: 290 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scifibum
Member # 7625

- posted      Profile for scifibum   Email scifibum         Edit/Delete Post 
I bought Just Cause 2 for cheap, and Braid for even cheaper. And I think I might have purchased the Commander Keen pack. [No No]
Posts: 4287 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.