FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Just discovered this forum...

Author Topic: Just discovered this forum...
Karly Rose
Member # 12593

- posted      Profile for Karly Rose           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm beside myself with happiness. I know hardly ANYONE who reads OSC, and there has been a whole forum dedicated to him and his works? Right under my nose?
Ridiculous.

And I'm so glad that I've finally found it!

Where to begin...

I'm on a mission to read ever OSC book ever, but my main fascination is with the Enders Game/Enders Shadow saga's. Books and graphic novels.

I'm aspiring to own them all, and look in every single Goodwill and Half Price Books for all of them. (imo, pre-owned books have the best quality.)

Any information on the newest books (Shadows Alive and Shadows in Flight) would be MUCH MUCH appreciated. Otherwise, please discuss anything and everything Ender/Bean related here!

Posts: 4 | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
Karly, welcome! The community is always glad to welcome a new and enthusiastic member and I hope you do enjoy yourself here. If you're looking for a discussion about an OSC book in particular, or have a topic you'd like to discuss you'll want to check out "the other side" of the forum here (or you can find it by clicking on the "Active Forums" link right above your own post). This side is more general discussions (serious talks about politics or religion to topics about, for example baking cakes [Big Grin] ), the other is specifically about OSC's work. It moves a little slower over there but it gets going. [Cool]

Anyways, welcome and enjoy!

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
New blood! [Evil]

Ahem, I mean, welcome! [Smile]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karly Rose
Member # 12593

- posted      Profile for Karly Rose           Edit/Delete Post 
I like being new blood! [Big Grin]
Posts: 4 | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome!
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jake
Member # 206

- posted      Profile for Jake           Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to Hatrack, Karly!
Posts: 1087 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T:man
Member # 11614

- posted      Profile for T:man   Email T:man         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to Hatrack!
Posts: 1574 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

- posted      Profile for Stone_Wolf_           Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to Hatrack! [Hat]
Posts: 6683 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BandoCommando
Member # 7746

- posted      Profile for BandoCommando           Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome! [Hat]
Posts: 1099 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to Hatrack. [Smile]
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geraine
Member # 9913

- posted      Profile for Geraine   Email Geraine         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to the family!

We fight like siblings, but we also love each other like siblings. [Smile]

If you haven't already, pick up Pathfinder and The Lost Gate. They are Mr. Cards newest books and both are excellent reads.

Oh, and because nobody else has said it yet...

"Welcome to Hatrack, you are wrong!"

Posts: 1937 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AchillesHeel
Member # 11736

- posted      Profile for AchillesHeel   Email AchillesHeel         Edit/Delete Post 
I look forward to disagreeing with you in the future. [Smile]
Posts: 2302 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uindy
Member # 9743

- posted      Profile for Uindy           Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to Hatrack
Posts: 58 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
Woohoo! Let the burnination begin!
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trogdor the Burninator
Member # 4894

- posted      Profile for Trogdor the Burninator   Email Trogdor the Burninator         Edit/Delete Post 
Did someone say "burnination"?

*burninates Karly Rose*

Posts: 1481 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to the neighborhood Karly!

I kinda know how you feel about not knowing anyone who likes a particular thing. I went to Lincoln, NE this past weekend to visit before my impending move there, and I stayed with a grad student. Well he offered to drive me around to apartment hunt, he turned on his radio, and immediately I was like "oh my God, is this Nightwish?" I'd never met anyone before that had even HEARD of them, let alone actually liked them and could talk about it.

It's always a nice feeling to find people who share your interests. [Smile] If you feel so inclined, tell us a little bit about yourself.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
Bienvenidos a Hatrack, estas equivocado, Vítejte na hatrack, mýlíte, Welcome to Hatrack, you are wrong.
Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Hatrack he yookoso. Machigatte imasu yo.
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.