FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I'm aliveeeee!

Author Topic: I'm aliveeeee!
Rawrain
Member # 12414

- posted      Profile for Rawrain   Email Rawrain         Edit/Delete Post 
It's been a long time since I've visited this forum, but it's not been without purpose.... My computers HDD was damaged during a thunder storm while 'get this' I was typing up a new topic for this forum...kinda ironic?
Currently I'm using my Wii and my neighbors wi-fi to visit.. my fingers are numb from this dumb thing- seriously you have to hold your arm up to type ): ...
Things that are happening-
1. I got a job as a janitor(not exactly this, but close enough for concept)
2.My daughter is due in a few weeks.
3. My ps3 ylod returned for the 3rd time after fixing it -.-
4. The economy is in the hole.. and I have some ideas!
4.1 Reduce the weight of quarters and nickles, cancle production of coin dollars AND the penny---the dime is fine... both making and shipping these coins is too costly compared to their worth.
4.2 lifting 'some' trade embargos from South American countries..... they got oil too, also the embargos don't stop drug smuggling /:
4.3 Investigate military spending-they always overpay, my step-d claims they would pay between 2-3x more for tools compared to the cost of the same tools found at Lowes...he said it was because the military has a contract with a particular company that overcharges, and this isn't brought up in politics simply because lobbying... (I personally think politions shouldn't be able to hide who's paying for their campaigns and ect)
Well that's what I have for now by ya'll..... this is a multi-topic topic woooo also all of this was typed with a wiimote .....ya...

Posts: 461 | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, those .. aren't .. bad ideas. Reducing the weight of coinage. Huh. That would .. hypothetically help, once it offsets the costs of refitting all coin acceptance machines?

Anyway uh yeah welcome back, sorry that God saw it fit to smite your post before you could submit it, congratulations on getting ready to have a daughter

Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rawrain
Member # 12414

They could hollow out the coins, or change-up the machines, though the cost for adjusting said machines comes out of the companies and not out of our pocket so, in the end we win :p
The lightning didn't break the HDD the thunder did...it was very strong shaking my trailer and all..
I was hoping for a boy, but I got a girl Dx just have to make due and hope that she hates dolls like I do....

Posts: 461 | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Rawrain:

The lightning didn't break the HDD the thunder did...it was very strong shaking my trailer and all..

Lies.

http://i.imgur.com/3XVJO.gif

Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rawrain
Member # 12414

True true the shock wave made the magnetic needle in the HDD scratch the disc ;-; wicked nice gif btw! one thing I can't figure out is why lightning looks like it travels from the sky and into the ground, but it's the moving of electrons being pulled into through the atmo. that causes lightning so shouldn't it look like it's coming from the ground instead?
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
but it's the moving of electrons being pulled into through the atmo. that causes lightning

No.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lightning#Leader_formation_and_the_return_stroke

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theCrowsWife
Member # 8302

- posted      Profile for theCrowsWife   Email theCrowsWife         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
4.3 Investigate military spending-they always overpay, my step-d claims they would pay between 2-3x more for tools compared to the cost of the same tools found at Lowes...

I don't know what kind of tools you meant, but my experience with tools at Lowes (or any other big hardware store) is that you shouldn't bother. They're too poor quality to hold up to actual use. To get real tools, rather than representations of tools, you have to find places that supply people who actually use them for their livelihood, and yes, you will pay more than you would at Lowes. 2-3X more sounds about right, assuming that your military supplier in question delivers tools that work.

--Mel

Posts: 1269 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.