FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hyperinflation or Hyperdeflation?

Author Topic: Hyperinflation or Hyperdeflation?
Danlo the Wild
Member # 5378

- posted      Profile for Danlo the Wild   Email Danlo the Wild         Edit/Delete Post 
I think the markets are going down another 10-20% in the next two weeks, Ben "I'm Evil" Bernanke will announce Quantitative Easing 3, and then the markets will go, up, up, up to.....

Hyperinflation.

Posts: 377 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
How can they? Congress would absolutely refuse.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Danlo the Wild
Member # 5378

- posted      Profile for Danlo the Wild   Email Danlo the Wild         Edit/Delete Post 
Congress can't refuse the Federal Reserve.

Congress can't even audit the Federal Reserve.

Posts: 377 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

Congress has the constitutional authority over the power of the exchequer, all it needs to do is pass a law.
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, you are in principle correct, but then you have to remember that the Congress these people have right now can't agree to fund stuff they already agreed to fund. Making fundamental changes in the jerry-rigged, just-kinda-growed constitutional structure is, I suspect, a bit ambitious for them. Drawing some nice flowcharts in crayon may be more their speed.
Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

these videos http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnXZzx9pAmQ while might exceed their attention span should be simple enough even for them.
Danlo the Wild
Member # 5378

so it looks like the Federal Reserve will announce Q3 this Friday.
Or maybe hint about it now, then do it in two weeks,
but the markets seem to be pricing it in early,
so the insiders seem confident in Ben Bernanke's inability
to take his finger off the PRINT button.

So our debt is 14.5 trillion + the 3 trillion in new debt ceiling
+the federal reserves +4.2 trillion debt
+the treasury debt +3 trillion

That puts us into the 27 trillion range.

So Hyper Inflation looks like a sure thing.

Ben Bernanke would never, ever let deflation happen.
printing is too addictive

Danlo the Wild
Member # 5378

I don't see Congress or the President even mentioning QE3.

even though it looks like a sure thing....

Anyone who thinks our government has ANY power over the Fed is a fool. (no offense)

Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
The Federal Reserve is audited every year.

The Federal Reserve publishes their books for the public to see.

Perhaps there's a lot to complain about with the Reserve, but transparency doesn't appear to be one of those things.

Furthermore, you've been crying about inflation for years, and it still hasn't happened. If I start complaining, right now, about something that's likely to happen in my lifetime anyway, do I get to crow about it when it finally does?

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Danlo the Wild
Member # 5378

"Furthermore, you've been crying about inflation for years, and it still hasn't happened."

what planet u live on bro?

Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Alright, the soul-crushing hyperinflation you've been predicting hasn't happened.

I don't pretend that economics is my ken, but hyperinflation is way up there, like 50% or 100%. We're at the lowest inflation rate right now since the 1980s, and even then, 10-12% was as high as it got. Even if you count that number as hyperinflation, as recently as 2009, we went through a sustained period of DEFLATION. Last year rates hovered between 1-2% all year.

And you've been carping about this for as long as I can remember.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steven
Member # 8099

- posted      Profile for steven   Email steven         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Danlo the Wild:
"Furthermore, you've been crying about inflation for years, and it still hasn't happened."

what planet u live on bro?

Thor, I like you, you're generally a nice guy. However, I think you're pretty soundly beaten on this issue. I do think several people here give you too much crap, but right now, you're being the Ron Lambert of inflation.
Posts: 3354 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.