FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » OSC's IGMS

Author Topic: OSC's IGMS
katdog42
Member # 4773

- posted      Profile for katdog42   Email katdog42         Edit/Delete Post 
Soooo.... several years ago, it was possible to buy individual issues of the Intergalactic Medicine Show. I would do that from time to time when I spotted stories I was interested in or when somebody recommended a particular up-and-coming writer. Recently, I went back because I wanted to purchase the most recent edition with the Shadows in Flight chapter. However, I can't find a way to purchase only one issue.

Is it true that I can now only purchase a year's worth of issues at a time? As some of you may know, I am on an INCREDIBLY limited budget and don't have an extra $15. Is there something I'm missing? Can I still buy just this one issue??

Posts: 340 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
odouls268
Member # 2145

- posted      Profile for odouls268   Email odouls268         Edit/Delete Post 
After logging in to the IGMS site, Under the "My Account" section, the following message appears:

quote:
My Previously Purchased Issues

You purchased the following individual issues before we changed to a subscription magazine . You will continue to have access to these issues even when your subscription expires.

Looks like the single issue days are gone brother (or sister. I don't really know you LOL).

You should email them using the "Write to Us" function on the site. I'm sure they'd appreciate the feedback, and I'll bet you anything you get a timely reply.

Posts: 2532 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jake
Member # 206

- posted      Profile for Jake           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by odouls268:
Looks like the single issue days are gone brother (or sister. I don't really know you LOL).

[Smile] Sister. Addressing her as sister would be entirely appropriate.
Posts: 1087 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kmbboots
Member # 8576

- posted      Profile for kmbboots   Email kmbboots         Edit/Delete Post 
I am afraid I know nothing about IGMS but I did want to say that it is good to see you here.
Posts: 11187 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katdog42
Member # 4773

Sister is QUITE appropriate, hence the difficulty with finding $15 for a subscription. I might have to try writing. I'm bothered by the fact that I can't buy just one issue. I understand the subscription idea for committed readers, but don't know why there can't be an either/or option.

Kat it's good to see you. I don't come around as much as I used to, but I do lurk occasionally. This did seem the most appropriate place to find info about IGMS, though.

Posts: 340 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
odouls268
Member # 2145

quote:
Originally posted by Jake:
quote:
Originally posted by odouls268:

[Smile] Sister. Addressing her as sister would be entirely appropriate.
Thanks, I appreciate it, i was at a loss.

[Smile]

Posts: 2532 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
odouls268
Member # 2145

quote:
Originally posted by katdog42:
Sister is QUITE appropriate, hence the difficulty with finding $15 for a subscription. I might have to try writing. I'm bothered by the fact that I can't buy just one issue. I understand the subscription idea for committed readers, but don't know why there can't be an either/or option.

Kat it's good to see you. I don't come around as much as I used to, but I do lurk occasionally. This did seem the most appropriate place to find info about IGMS, though.

Nice to meet you [Smile]
kmbboots
Member # 8576

I wonder if Scott could help with this? Anyone in touch with him?
Posts: 11187 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Kate, do you mean ScottR? He's got his hands quite full with more urgent matters this week (Tiptoe).
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kmbboots
Member # 8576

Ah...nevermind. Good wishes for Tiptoe.
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
kmboots--

Thanks. I'm back online for a limited time before heading back to the hospital tomorrow afternoon.

katdog--

I'll find out. I know you can purchase individual issues through Amazon, though.

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

...and that's apparently the only way to get single-issues. Sorry.
Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kmbboots
Member # 8576

Thanks for checking, Scott. Keeping your family in my prayers.
katdog42
Member # 4773

Thanks for checking, Scott. I looked into Amazon but I don't think that'll be an option for me. I guess I'll just wait until the book comes out to read it.

Scott, please know that you and your family and especially your little girl are also in my prayers.

Scott R
Member # 567

Thanks, katdog.

(There is already an IGMS anthology out; and a second one is being produced as we speak.)

It's possible, I think, to get e-reader software that will allow you to read purchased Kindle/Nook/Kobo/etc files on a computer. I don't know HOW it's done, of course...

channal1
Member # 12631

- posted      Profile for channal1   Email channal1         Edit/Delete Post 
(Post Removed by Janitor Blade. Spam)

[ September 05, 2011, 12:20 AM: Message edited by: JanitorBlade ]

Posts: 3 | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Flaming Toad on a Stick
Member # 9302

- posted      Profile for Flaming Toad on a Stick   Email Flaming Toad on a Stick         Edit/Delete Post 
Whistled.
Posts: 1594 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.