FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » C.S.I fan catches her rapist

Author Topic: C.S.I fan catches her rapist
AchillesHeel
Member # 11736

- posted      Profile for AchillesHeel   Email AchillesHeel         Edit/Delete Post 
Here's the article.

A teenage girl in the U.K. used her memories of watching C.S.I. and made sure to leave undeniable dna evidence in his car while he raped her. She spit on the seat, hid her hair inside the car and kept calm enough to recall as much information as possible. If you ask me its pretty impressive whenever someone can keep their head on straight when anyone else would be too traumatized to help themselves, and in this situation she even helped all the other girls this man already has raped and any he would have had he not been caught and convicted.

Posts: 2302 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Very interesting. I can't say though how relieved I was that the rapist hadn't decided the best way to hide the evidence was to murder the girls afterward.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AchillesHeel
Member # 11736

- posted      Profile for AchillesHeel   Email AchillesHeel         Edit/Delete Post 
Well now you just solved that issue for any rapists reading this forum.
Posts: 2302 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by AchillesHeel:

Psh not really. There's all sorts of complications that come with completely hiding all evidence that can be left by a body.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by BlackBlade:
quote:
Originally posted by AchillesHeel:

Psh not really. There's all sorts of complications that come with completely hiding all evidence that can be left by a body.
And they would be?

ummm...just hold on while I get my notebook.

Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

- posted      Profile for Stone_Wolf_           Edit/Delete Post 
Build a boat out of blocks of ice, take your victim out to sea on said ice boat, kill them (whilst wearing head to toe clothing made of dissolvable paper)...insert the body of your victim into a 55 gallon drum which has been lined with cement, pour bleach over the top...seal barrel and sink it to the bottom of the ocean, head back to shore and let your boat melt, and then swim nakkid to shore.

Perfect crime.

Posts: 6683 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AchillesHeel
Member # 11736

And what about the neighbor who watched you build your igloo boat? Loose ends are the downfall of every Law and Order episode.
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

Simple! Build the boat a little bigger and get a second barrel! That will teach you to let your dog crap on my yard you busy body peeping tom!
Posts: 6683 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
You've thought about this a lot, haven't you?

*Slowly backs away...*

Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Stone_Wolf_:
Build a boat out of blocks of ice, take your victim out to sea on said ice boat, kill them (whilst wearing head to toe clothing made of dissolvable paper)...insert the body of your victim into a 55 gallon drum which has been lined with cement, pour bleach over the top...seal barrel and sink it to the bottom of the ocean, head back to shore and let your boat melt, and then swim nakkid to shore.

Perfect crime.

It's so simple it just might work!
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_Frank
Member # 8488

- posted      Profile for Dan_Frank   Email Dan_Frank         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Noemon:
quote:

Perfect crime.

This killed me. So I guess it really is the perfect crime... you didn't even need to be in the same state!

Seriously though, I'm still laughing.

Posts: 3580 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jake
Member # 206

- posted      Profile for Jake           Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]
Posts: 1087 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
*spits in thread*
*leaves a handful of hair in thread*

*slowly backs out*

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

quote:
Originally posted by Nighthawk:
You've thought about this a lot, haven't you?

*Slowly backs away...*

That was off the top of my head...but if you like, I could get creative.
CT
Member # 8342

- posted      Profile for CT           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Noemon:

*laughing aloud
Posts: 831 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Darth_Mauve
Member # 4709

- posted      Profile for Darth_Mauve   Email Darth_Mauve         Edit/Delete Post 
I prefer the lamb-chop murder method.

Freeze one lamb chop until solid.
Bash victim over head with lamb chop.
Put lamb chop in oven until cooked well. Add lemon and salt to taste.
Eat murder weapon with a nice chutney.

Posts: 1941 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

quote:
I imagined you making the "thuu-thuuu-thuu" sucking air through teeth Hannibal Lecter sound after saying this.
DDDaysh
Member # 9499

- posted      Profile for DDDaysh   Email DDDaysh         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Darth_Mauve:
I prefer the lamb-chop murder method.

Freeze one lamb chop until solid.
Bash victim over head with lamb chop.
Put lamb chop in oven until cooked well. Add lemon and salt to taste.

You forgot about all the hair and blood that come off the victim when you hit them on the head hard enough to kill. I suppose you could eat that as well, but I highly doubt your digestive tracts will fully digest the hair, in which case you'll have to figure out what to do with your, um... elimination.

All in all the ice boat is a better idea, as long as you remember to wear gloves UNDER the dissolving paper so that you don't get tracer of blood under your finger nails.

Posts: 1321 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toretha
Member # 2233

- posted      Profile for Toretha   Email Toretha         Edit/Delete Post 
See, y'all are all perfect examples of why rape penalties need to be kept down. Not because rape isn't terrible, but because it gives a much better incentive to leave girls alive.
Posts: 3493 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
I wasn't aware likely sentencing had much of an impact on things like murder, premeditated or crime of passion. Your suggestion seems strange enough to me I'm not sure if you're serious.
Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scholarette
Member # 11540

- posted      Profile for scholarette           Edit/Delete Post 
Supposedly in places with 3 strikes laws, the 3rd crime tends to be much more violent.
Posts: 2223 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_Frank
Member # 8488

- posted      Profile for Dan_Frank   Email Dan_Frank         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Rakeesh:
I wasn't aware likely sentencing had much of an impact on things like murder, premeditated or crime of passion. Your suggestion seems strange enough to me I'm not sure if you're serious.

Well, logically I can see it being a factor, but I would also imagine that for many criminals logic isn't high on their list of concerns. Maybe more a factor for premeditated than for passion? Just 100% armchair speculation here, obviously.

Scholarette, do you remember where you heard that? Curious to see numbers on it.

Posts: 3580 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scholarette
Member # 11540

- posted      Profile for scholarette           Edit/Delete Post 
Ok- being lazy- here are wiki's citations for that claim and link to wiki- they are ref 6-8 since my copy paste lost the online link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_strikes_law#Controversial_results

^ Johnson, Jeffry L.; Saint-Germain, Michelle A. (2005). "Officer Down: Implications of Three Strikes for Public Safety". Criminal Justice Policy Review 16 (4): 443–460. doi:10.1177/0887403405277001.
^ Moody, Carlisle E.; Marvell, Thomas B.; Kaminski, Robert J. (January 11, 2002). "Unintended Consequences: Three-Strikes Laws and the Murders of Police Officers". unpublished manuscript.
^ Reynolds, Mike (2004). "3-Strikes 1994 to 2004: A Decade of Difference". Three Strikes and You′re Out.

Posts: 2223 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

[not serious]Easy solution: Change the scale of punishments up, so that the death penalty by our normal standards is only the middle of the scale where a year long torturous death by flaying alive or boiling in oil is at the top of the scale. People wouldn't try and avoid life in prison if it meant being flensed to death slowly.[/not serious]
Marek
Member # 5404

- posted      Profile for Marek   Email Marek         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
[not serious]Easy solution: Change the scale of punishments up, so that the death penalty by our normal standards is only the middle of the scale where a year long torturous death by flaying alive or boiling in oil is at the top of the scale. People wouldn't try and avoid life in prison if it meant being flensed to death slowly.[/not serious]

Well of course the famous "ice boat killer" is only joking about torturing murderers
Posts: 2332 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.