FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Can I blatantly self promote something?

Author Topic: Can I blatantly self promote something?
Javert
Member # 3076

- posted      Profile for Javert   Email Javert         Edit/Delete Post 
Over the past couple of years I've been trying to define myself as an artist.

That sounds pretentious, but what I mean is I've been exploring different ways to be an artist. I started off as just an actor, and lately I've been directing and producing and writing as well.

A friend of mine, who will shortly be a published author, said something I liked a lot: completion is better than perfection. If you wait until your work is perfect, it will never be complete. So get it done, know that it won't be perfect, and use the experience to make your next piece better.

So I've taken what he's said and started writing, producing and performing my own short weekly podcast.

It's been a lot of fun, and I can't even begin to express how good it feels to complete something artistic on a regular basis.

So I thought I'd shameless self promote my podcast to all of you, if I can. I'm not sure if it's against forum rules to do this or not, but as I'm making no money off this thing I don't think it will be a problem. (Let me know if I'm wrong!)

The podcast is called Supervillain Corner, the show for supervillains by supervillains. I've created a bunch of villain characters that speak about themselves and what it takes to make it in the villain business.

It's very silly, in many ways stupid (in the best ways), it's not perfect, but I love doing it, and any constructive criticism would be greatly appreciated. And if you hate it, I'd like to know that too.

Posts: 3852 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
"That sounds pretentious," said Javert, pushing his thick-rimmed black glasses up his nose and tucking the ends underneath his beret, "but what I mean is I've been exploring different ways to be an artist." Javert fussed momentarily with his black turtleneck before turning around towards his latest installation. "Here, you see my latest performance-art piece, which I call Winter in the Cacaphony of Running-Dog, Corpse Delanda Est. The actors .. chosen for their anorexic pall, of course, .. are tirelessly crawling over shredded pieces of GM's first electric car while weeping in Polish about the shame of .. of, wallstreet class war, as the golem-like statues, see, they're McDonalds meat crafted into robber-barons, .. they look down at them with cold eyes made from purchased human cataracts. It's primarily .. it's primarily a appearance of parasitic gaps in domains relatively inaccessible to ordinary extraction, as a .. commentary, of sorts, on the Darfur conflict. A case of semigrammaticalness of a different sort expressing on the viewer that Heideggerian morality cannot be arbitrary in a corpus of utterance tokens upon which conformity has been defined by the paired utterance test."

An aide brings him a cafe au lait in a crystal goblet, which he sniffs twice before sending back, muttering something about in-fastidious Arabica corruption. "The piece will rotate in and out of major metropolitan centers. It will stay in Berkeley for the time being; I want it to do a stint in Back Bay, but I'm having trouble finding a decent sized penthouse to lease for the duration of that arm of my country tour. The ones on the market are just, what's the word? Irretrievably gauche, not .. not a suitable pentathletecal creative furnace. I am a .. what's the term? A working man, after all."

Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

I wish I had a beret.
Posts: 3852 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
I forwarded it along to some podcast junkies I know, maybe I can get it some exposure!
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

quote:
Originally posted by Samprimary:
I forwarded it along to some podcast junkies I know, maybe I can get it some exposure!

Cheers.

I'm at a weird point where there are a handful of people I've never met that listen to and enjoy the show. Totally mindblowing.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.