FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Holiday Pranks

Author Topic: Holiday Pranks
Traceria
Member # 11820

- posted      Profile for Traceria   Email Traceria         Edit/Delete Post 
I work in a small law firm that has an atmosphere that sometimes feels like that of The Office.

The latest talk has been all about the upcoming holiday party. We have three new employees in our office, one of which is my husband, and they've been told that every year any new employees are called upon to sing at the party. The office manager has gone to great lengths to convince the one new secretary that this is true, to the point where I have had about four or five visits to my office by her or others who are in on the joke regarding keeping the truth secret.

Well, the joke is about to be on them. I'm in the unique position to know that, even though I broke it to my husband what was really going on, he and the other two new employees have written a parody song to the tune of “Santa Claus is Coming to Town” that is all about the office, and they're completely set on belting it out at the party.

Mix this with alcohol, and I'm sure someone's going to need CPR after laughing so hard. That'll probably be me.

Anyhow, has anyone else ever witnessed or been the butt of any holiday shenanigans?

They need not pertain to the Christmas season:
My cousin for years and years thought we had some Irish in our family and would play this up every St. Patrick’s Day…until she gave my uncle a Kiss-Me-I’m-Irish shirt and he, totally deadpan, asked, “Why did you get this for me? We’re not Irish.”

Posts: 691 | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.