FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hatrack Gift Exchange 2011 (Sad Updates) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Hatrack Gift Exchange 2011 (Sad Updates)
AchillesHeel
Member # 11736

- posted      Profile for AchillesHeel   Email AchillesHeel         Edit/Delete Post 
Just about the first thing I noticed about the book was the signature, which prompted me to treat it as the third most fragile book I own, I was wondering what your relation was to the author. To be honest, the smell of elmer's glue kind of endeared the scrapbook to me even more, the photo of the girl surrounded by clowns is my favorite by far (so much so I included it in the picture I linked.)
Posts: 2302 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
Roger Natte is a local historian who has written several books. He's a member of the local historical society and historic preservation commission. I designed the current website, although I think I could do better now. (Actually I think it needs to go to WordPress, but I'm really into WordPress now.)

And Roger is a really nice guy. He's always willing to talk to me about local history, and he's involved in creating history programs in the area. (which I usually miss, either forgetting about them or having to work)

Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
So I'm sorry to say that it's looking like Strider's gift to Rabbit and Rabbit's gift to Synesthesia got stuck in the postal system.

I don't know if it's related at all but in my work I've recently been trying to deal with USPS and it's complete inability to deliver products to the Virgin Islands. It seems like that entire region is a mess when it comes to delivering the mail.

I've tried to check with USPS about what specifically is going on but the agents I talk to aren't clued into the situation and just give me standard CS lines about the issue. I'm not holding out much hope the packages will ever arrive, and I am truly sorry we couldn't get everybody a package this year. But thanks so much for all of you folks' participation.

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
Awwww.

Well, could I at least know what it was? Maybe they might be able to get them out, but sometimes mail gets mangled.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
Rabbit, I'm bummed to hear my gift didn't make it to you! I don't know if I could've done anything differently to have ensured delivery, but I'm sorry nonetheless.
Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Strider, I got your gift this week. Thanks!!

I'll make another attempt at sending a gift to Synesthesia. Maybe the second times the charm.

Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
yay! i LOVE presents.

Especially live spiders.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by The Rabbit:
Hey Strider, I got your gift this week. Thanks!!

Awesome! I'm glad to hear the package was only on time delay. [Smile]
Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.