FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » [Economic Stuff] Back to the United Poors of America (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: [Economic Stuff] Back to the United Poors of America
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
Sometimes I have fun with my friends, giving my CV as a list of items that are, while all of them technically true, nevertheless far, FAR more glamorous on paper, with the proper wording.

I can say, without technically *lying* that:

I have studied Shakespearean acting at the Globe Theater in London, I have attended universities in 3 countries, I am a payed columnist, a professional guitarist and songwriter, an award winning composer and electronic music producer, I have been a payed consultant for Deutchebank, Alstom, Skoda, and the city of Prague, and I have appeared on radio and live on stage as a poet and musicology researcher.

And I can go on like that. Never mind that I write one column, my consulting was English teaching, I have been payed for precisely 2 gigs as a guitarist (ETA: actually there have been 3), I have earned one award as a composer, I headlined two very small readings in my college town as a poet, I was an undergraduate researcher among dozens of others to present work, I took two classes at the Globe as part of a summer program, and my third experience at a university abroad has been in a language certificate program at the Charles University language annex, and not as a regular university student.

Sounds great though.

Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh god, I could just start doing this and do it all day I AM A PROFESSIONAL WRITER PUBLISHED IN 10 LANGUAGES, A GREATLY SUCCESSFUL ENTREPRENEUR AND SIX-TIME AWARD WINNING TELEVISION STAR etc etc etc
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Danlo the Wild
Member # 5378

- posted      Profile for Danlo the Wild   Email Danlo the Wild         Edit/Delete Post 
You guys are mean.

You guys enjoy being mean.

I win. Total victory.

Posts: 377 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
Nothing is as indicative of actual success as having to declare it in hyperbolic terms!

(Speaking strictly for myself, I do take some pleasure in mocking annoying, repetitive frauds such as yourself, it's true, THOR.)

Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Danlo the Wild
Member # 5378

- posted      Profile for Danlo the Wild   Email Danlo the Wild         Edit/Delete Post 
How am I a fraud?

O valiant 1

Posts: 377 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
I think he means in the sense that you lie repeatedly about yourself, and misrepresent yourself in attempts to garner unearned credibility.

That kind of thing.

Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Danlo the Wild
Member # 5378

Orincoro,

when did you stop beating your mom?

Oh. Yall are trying to do that type of a gotcha.

I see.

Y SO ANGRY?

Can you cut and paste some of my lies?
please?
thank you

Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
Well for one thing ain't nobody here seen any of your screenplays, much less the screenplay that we used to hear so much about, but that thankfully few of us have the misfortune of remembering you gloat about now.

As for others, well hey, several have already been mentioned in this thread. You could start with them, and just a pointer: "I've given stock advice and people have made money," isn't really a counter to anything.

--------------

THOR actually reminds me, now that I think about it, of weird social/political conspiracy guy I think I've probably gabbed/vented about around here before. For example, he has referred to his hundreds of thousands of dollars on the stock market-to the extent that he has mentioned losing a couple of hundred grand back in 08-09 when he had too much in it was either Ford or GM or something-and how very well he's doing financially, as reason people ought to pay attention when he starts going on about Ron Paul and the Gold Standard and how the USA will be a Third World Country 'soon' (sometimes, it's within a few years, other times it's as vague as a modern biblical quotation on the apocalypse).

All of this from a guy who works at least three jobs-only one of them a good well paying job, the other two being just shy of day labor-who is simply delighted when we get pizza from Dominos at work because it's so extravagant and great, who like some other people says he can show 'proof' of his financial wizardry with documents but balks when I point out that if that were going to begin to be true, he would have to show what he was asked to show, rather than what he cherry-pick offers...

Anyway, quite similar in attitude to THOR on finance. Just as many specific predictions, just as much smug certainty, and just as much unwillingness to have that certainty challenged much less show why it ought not be challenged.

Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Danlo the Wild:

Can you cut and paste some of my lies?
please?
thank you

Sure thing buddy!

quote:
Originally posted by Samprimary:
quote:
"You just run around with your head cut off shouting hyperbole without any real evidence or historical context."

This is a Hatrack lie.

Over the last decade, I've loaded my posts with Facts, Evidence, and Historical Context along with some hyperbole. Hmmm. Maybe i'll go back and cut and paste.

I've been Hatrack's punching bag, flamethrower target and easy mark.

Everything I've said is true.

hmm

quote:
Everything I've said is true.
hmmmmmmmmmmmm

http://www.hatrack.com/cgi-bin/ubbmain/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=057426;p=0&r=nfx#000011

August 29, 2010

quote:
The Dow Jones will fall to 7000 before December.

There you go. A clear prediction.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

quote:
Ok. I was wrong.

h + m10^6

there's like a bunch more but i have to be drinking heavily before i can bring myself to sludge to it with the search function or whatever
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T:man
Member # 11614

- posted      Profile for T:man   Email T:man         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Rakeesh:
Well for one thing ain't nobody here seen any of your screenplays, much less the screenplay that we used to hear so much about

I've seen the screenplay. I don't remember much, THOR had emailed it to me after I expressed interest in it back in 2009, maybe 2010. I do remember it being enjoyable, but I'm easy to please.
Posts: 1574 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.