FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » See my friend's Theology & Philosophy Blog!

Author Topic: See my friend's Theology & Philosophy Blog!
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Third Millennial Templar He's majoring in Theology and Philosophy at Concordia University (I'm taking Math Courses) and hopes to get a scholarship to attend the University of Notre Dame in the US for his Phd's (in both). Above link is to a more introductory blog post of his while below is the main link.

http://thirdmillennialtemplar.wordpress.com

Sent an email to Jon and intended to send it to Blackblade but he keeps not being on when I am on, how flaky.

So I'm posting it here, as far as I can tell the entries are interesting and informative and generally leave me puzzled in an interesting way.

He also has a white board which he tosses ideas onto and stuff, he's like House but for Theology!

Discussion about the blog could go here, but if you have any particular replies and generally wanna discuss theology and stuff with him directly you should just leave comments at his blog, as far as I know he spends his free time engaged in active discussion with the commentators and in the comments at other similar blogs, apparently he was name dropped along with other big philosophy bloggers which made him giddy but I can't recall who.

Give it a look!

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
The last sentence of his first post bothers me:
quote:
Therefore, if ever I want to go on and do a thesis in Modal logic, or Epistemology, I will have to find good arguments to disqualify not only Naturalism, but also Idealism, and to promote something like Theistic Exemplarism.
These do not strike me as the words of someone who is seeking truth, but the words of someone who wishes to learn more compelling arguments to justify what he already believes.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
On a related personal note, some might remember that I started a cognitive science/philosophy blog some time back. This week I hosted the latest edition of the Philosophers' Carnival, which has been really awesome for traffic (I've had something like a 2000% increase in traffic), and was just a cool experience in general.

My site: Cognitive Philosophy

Shameless self promotion for the win!

Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Destineer
Member # 821

- posted      Profile for Destineer           Edit/Delete Post 
Huh, Strider, if you've been involved in the Philosopher's Carnival, you might've had some contact with Richard Chappell from Philosophy Etc. I overlapped with that guy a bit in grad school.

Tom, I don't think you need to read that passage so shallowly. A lot of people pick a view as a working hypothesis and see how well they can defend it, as a way of eventually evaluating it for truth.

Posts: 4600 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah Destineer, we emailed back and forth a little bit. Mostly to do with practicalities of hosting.
Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Foust
Member # 3043

- posted      Profile for Foust   Email Foust         Edit/Delete Post 
My favorite theology blog.

Some of my favorite posts:

On Male Culture

Thesis on The Dark Knight

Piety and Theology

Posts: 1515 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.